5'5"-5'6" Ideal Weight?

Options
13»

Replies

• cleback
    cleback Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    115ish... Always have been on the smaller side, although you wouldn't guess it cuz of my round face.
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    BMI should be under 25 (I think 18-24.9 is healthy BMI range for female). What the scales say isn't enough information.
  • lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Clew wrote: »
    PLEASE take the body weight charts with a grain of salt, ladies. There are a lot of factors to consider. I'm 5'7". The charts say I should be like 140 at the heaviest. But my doctor has even told me that for my build and muscle density and activity level and all that, 150 *minimum* for me. Sure I weighed 120 in high school, but I'm older now. I grew boobs and curves. And I work out like a beast so I have a lot of muscle tissue, which is way more dense.

It's a sliding scale, be flexible with your numbers. :flowerforyou:

I agree that the BMI chart should be taken with a grain of salt, but the recommended range for people who are 5'7" says 159 is the top of the range, not 140. 140 is in the middle. What chart are you talking about?

I am 5'7" and my goal is somewhere around 145 (this should put me at around 20% body fat), depending on how I look and feel. When I was in my 20s, I considered 130 to be my ideal weight and it was not difficult to maintain. I have a lot more muscle now which is why my goal weight is a bit higher than that.
  • mom2ava07
    mom2ava07 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 '5 and my goal is 140-145. Even as a teenager, I was always around 140-145. After having my first child 7 years ago, I went on a 1000 calorie per day diet for 6 months and got to 123. Needless to say, that was a crash diet...and I looked sick at that low of a weight. My face was completely sunken in, and my parents thought we had hit tough financial times and couldn't afford food lol

Goes to show that everyone is built differently, and I feel great and look good at that 140ish range.
  • ravenzwart
    ravenzwart Posts: 108 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I am aiming somewhere between 143 and 136. i used to weigh 136 when i was 20 years old and iwas very very happy then, but i am older and my body has changed a lot. So 143 is my goal and then i will see if i am wanting and able to lose more.
    when i weigh 127 then i get comments that i am to thin. While according to the bmi thing i could go to 114 and be healthy.
    So i agree with previous posters it depends on your build and muscles, its personal.
  • Milliepet
    Milliepet Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 3/4", 138#. My metabolism has increased immensely & I am looking good in clothes. I am beginning to work on toning up due to losing muscle with weight loss & age (almost 73). I suggest you look at yourself in a full length mirror after showering & be honest with what you see. If you like your new look then maintain.
    Best wishes, Millie
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5.5''. My original goal weight that I set back in January 2014 was 135lb but I'm currently 5lb away from that and I know I will want to go lower. So right now my ultimate goal weight is 127.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I settled around 118-123.
  • 1bellringer1
    1bellringer1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and 175 at the moment but hovered around 152 for the last 20 years and I was comfortable with that. I wore between an 8 and 10 in pants depending on the cut. I'm pretty top heavy and don't look balanced at a weight lower then 150 because of the big boobs. I stayed at 132 all through my 20s but always had back pain. I felt a whole lot better when i actually got past the point that I felt I had to be skinny. My doc says also with my build and muscle thickness that around 150-155 is a good weight for me.