15 stone London based female

Options
Hello, looking for MFP friends to help with my new diet and fitness plan. Currently 15 stone 3lbs and looking to lose 3 stone in the first phase.

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Hiya...just popped in to say welcome and go for it ...I was where you are last June, well 2lbs heavier, and hit my target of 48lbs weightloss a few weeks ago...and it's been the easiest journey

Just throw away everything you know about dieting, and I mean everything anyone's ever told you or you've ever read

Weigh and log all your food, taking care with the database entries, cross-check them against packs and other calorie databases and never use other people's homemade entries...build your own recipes in the recipe builder

Get more active, walking is great...I've got a fitbit that automatically updates my calories and I try to get 10000 steps a day for the extra 350-450 calories I get

Progressive weightlifting has been a revelation...highly recommended for women

Good luck
  • fossie10
    Options
    Hey! Thanks!! I noticed the calories on MFP aren't always correct. I started the 5:2 fast last week and now the weathers improving I really feel I need to get out. Thanks for the encouragement..and congratulations on your success, great to hear and very motivational. E
  • sc9576
    sc9576 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I weighed in at 13st in January (I am only 5'3) and need to lose 3st too. I have managed 9lbs before returning to this site for help and support.
    I have a fitbit but it doesnt seem to sync with MFP so I use it more as a bright pink reminder to move more :)
  • fossie10
    Options
    Hey there! How annoying about the fitbit, thought they sync with everything. I've been using the iPhone to track steps and have just downloaded some new tunes to get me motivated to get back out running.