MFP for 57 days and only down 4 pounds...wanting to just give up

Options
I've been doing MFP for 57 days now. Im only down 4 pounds...and that was in the first 2 weeks! Haven't lost any since then just keep gaining and losing a half pound here and there. Im so frustrated...I just want to cry.
Im working out consistently, not eating my workout calories. I tried to ease up on my workouts because I was thinking maybe I was gaining muscle and thats why I wasn't losing....Im just at a loss.... Pretty much fell off the wagon the last 2 days.....wanting to give up

Replies

• Yogirunner68
    Yogirunner68 Posts: 58 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hello! The one thing that jumped out at me was that you stated that you are working out consistently and not eating those calories. Are you eating enough calories? I've seen a number of times when people have adjusted their calorie and start eating more, they start to lose again. Generally, I won't eat my 'yoga calories' (100 cal =/-) but you can bet your bottom dollar that I do eat back some of my running or aerobic cals acknowledging that my body needs the nourishment. Sometimes you have to try different things. Four pounds is a great start. Do NOT give up. Your part of a great community here on MFP. Put your questions/concerns on your personal news feed and see what suggestions your friends can offer. Good luck! :)
  • areallycoolstory
    areallycoolstory Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! Are you eating all of your meals and consuming enough calories? I looked at your diary. I'm not sure if you finished logging today, but right now it doesn't seem like very much food. I have been going to the gym since September. I was working pretty hard, but hadn't seen any significant loss. I lost about three or four pounds like you. Then my trainer at the gym suggested I just focus on eating three meals and a couple of snacks for 21 days to create a habit of eating regular meals. At the time I wasn't really eating that much everyday. I was skipping breakfast and lunch a lot because I was so busy. Then I would have a collection of things for dinner, which was often too many calories for one. But not that much more than I am eating currently. I joined MFP as a way to organize my eating. It is now thirty days later and the scale has been consistently moving in the right direction. Good luck on your journey. I hope you won't give up. Just keep trying different things like you did with cutting back at the gym. Something is bound to click.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Your logging is inconsistent with generic entries. So therefore, you are eating more than you think.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    It is very important to weigh all your food with a scale. If you're neglecting this step and neglecting to log correctly than you will not lose consistently.
    I also eat a portion of my exercise calories back.
  • itsclobberintime
    itsclobberintime Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    If you're not losing now, then the issue is either that you are not logging accurately, are using inaccurate entries, overestimating your exercise burns, or possibly did not calculate your calorie goals incorrectly. Take a look at those to confirm if you've been doing them or not.
  • BlxxdtheFrxxk
    BlxxdtheFrxxk Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Looking through your diary, it looks like you are consistently undereating. I firmly believe in the at least 1200 calories in a day. My goal is set at 1700ish but many times I find myself done eating for the day and I`m only at 1100 calories. I`ll have a treat or a cup of juice to push myself to or over 1200. 600 calories in a day is just not enough. Hopefully you can get through this plateau. Just make sure you aren`t hurting yourself to do it. Luck!
  • LuckyMe2017
    LuckyMe2017 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    How much do you weigh? Height? Your calories might be too low. I'd also monitor macros. Some will refute this, but I believe that carbs and sugars have to be monitored. Also, adding more natural foods might help. Just my 2 cents
  • jenntinn715
    jenntinn715 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! Ill be sure to look at all those things...Im usually pretty good with my logging but the last week or so kinda fallen off...just need to gather motivation....thanks everybody
  • yager8725
    yager8725 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hello! The one thing that jumped out at me was that you stated that you are working out consistently and not eating those calories. Are you eating enough calories? I've seen a number of times when people have adjusted their calorie and start eating more, they start to lose again. Generally, I won't eat my 'yoga calories' (100 cal =/-) but you can bet your bottom dollar that I do eat back some of my running or aerobic cals acknowledging that my body needs the nourishment. Sometimes you have to try different things. Four pounds is a great start. Do NOT give up. Your part of a great community here on MFP. Put your questions/concerns on your personal news feed and see what suggestions your friends can offer. Good luck! :)

I agree. When I hit a rut like that I eat back some calories and with in a week its going down again.
  • BeTheChange352
    BeTheChange352 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    you definitely need to eat more and track more precisely. even if you were not working out at all you'd still be eating too little. do you want to be losing muscle and fat? because that's what happens when you starve the weight off.
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary for the past week. Either you haven't logged everything, or you are undereating. Try logging everything accurately and eating at your correct calorie count. Too low or too high can both cause problems.