Overnight oats under 200 calories?

Options
Does anyone have a recipe for overnight oats. Trying to stay under 200 calories please.

Replies

• dragthewaters
    dragthewaters Posts: 62 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    A serving of oatmeal itself is 150 calories already, so you're going to be limited in terms of what you can do. Pretty much just oatmeal and fruit. Unless you want to make only half a serving of something.

I never got the whole overnight oats thing tbh. Freshly made oatmeal is way better.
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I never got the whole overnight oats thing tbh. Freshly made oatmeal is way better.
    I was just thinking that. I've heard it mentioned before, but what is it, like oatmeal you make the night before and stick in the fridge? Do you eat it cold? That sounds unappealing.

• Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I used to just use oatmeal, raisins, and almond milk. Pretty sure that came out under 200 calories. Just adjust your ingredients
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I just Google image searched overnight oats. Looks better than I thought. There's tons of recipes I can see already, so you're likely to find a lot of ideas if you try the same. Good luck!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I use porridge oats. A serving if I was just having oats is 30-40g. But since I'm adding more stuff to it, I usually cut that to about 20g. That's 75 cals.

I use plain Greek yoghurt. 100g of Fage 0% is 57 cals.

Fresh or frozen berries make up the rest, and you can get loads for 50 or so cals.

Add some cinnamon for flavour.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Well you can use 30g of oats instead of 40g and do it with almond milk and fresh fruit I guess (I don't like it with yogurt for some reason). That wouldn't fill me up one bit though.
  • ucfrose
    ucfrose Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I do 1/4 cup oats, 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt, 1/4 cup skim milk, 1 Splenda, cinnamon, then about 1 cup chopped mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries). I think I comes right under 200.
  • nhhammad
    nhhammad Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a chocolate and peanut butter fiend so I sometimes put a serving of pb2 and use a bit of walden farms calorie free chocolate sauce. This is right under 200 cals. I'll usually add half of a banana or a little bit of real peanut butter if I'm needing the extra calories and I'm in heaven.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I do steel cut in a rice cooker, but if you just add fruit it's under 200. I like to add protein powder to get macros that work better for me, so would eat a slightly smaller serving of oatmeal--just do the math.
  • iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    My overnight oats is around 200 calories. A 1/4 cup oats, 1 tbsp chia seeds, and 1/2 cup almond milk. I also add in vanilla and usually blueberries. Heat it up the next morning. That was my morning breakfast.