does the hunger ever stop?

Options
Im doing 1200 calories a day as i need to lose 5 stone to be at my top healthy weight the f 12lbs hapq fallen off and ive slowed down now but im so hungry im starting to give up i just wan. To be full

Replies

• mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    So eat a bit more! What are your stats? I am 1.71 m, 27 years old, currently 75 kg (about 12 stone). I consume around 1500 - 2000 calories per day and am not hungry. I create my deficit primarily through exercise, and end up netting 1300 - 1800 per day. I have lost over half a stone and 4 inches off my waist since the beginning of Jan.

If you have 5 stone to lose, I highly doubt you need to be on 1200 per day to maintain a calorie deficit, so you should be able to eat a bit more, even without adding exercise into the equation. Programme in MFP for 1.5 lbs per week loss and see what you get.

Eat more protein too. It will make you feel fuller.
  • samflood85
    samflood85 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Im trying for 2lbs a week im 5foot 6 and 14st 11lbs ive and im 29 ive always been a hungry person and dread to think how many calories i use to eat i struggle to find meals i like that are low enough in calories and filling even before dieting i could eat till i was full to the eyeballs and within an hr id be real hungry again
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Try for high protein meals and snacks. Nuts, cottage cheese, greek yoghurt are all v. good. Plan for snacks.
  • samflood85
    Options
    I shal try its just putting these together in a meal thats the hard part
  • Gingerspice45
    Gingerspice45 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    You may need to look at if there is anything that maybe causing you to be hungry for no reason. Examples are stress, medication side effects, emotions, hormonal fluctuations, etc. Once you figure those things out it may get easier to lose weight.
  • futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Going a bit slower would be better than giving up! You could also go slower for a few weeks, to get a few more calories, then ramp it back up to 2 lbs. Would give your body some time to adjust. If it is used to a lot more, then it's a big change.

You might try researching food plans. (Do this when you're not hangry.) You don't have to follow them to the letter -- you don't have to go atkins, paleo, clean eating, vegan, vegetarian, etc, but you could look at their meal plans for ideas. Often you'll find some really creative, tasty things, because those plans are all working with restricted options. And bonus, sometimes they're really simple.

Here's one example, two-ingredient pancakes, from a clean eater: http://www.blogilates.com/beginners-2-0-day-7/ -- and I've read good things about the recipe all over, but haven't tried. Add some extra fruit or whatever else on the side if you like.

Easy meals can also be: 1 serving of your favourite protein, 1 serving of your favourite fruit, as many veggies as you want. Put 1 tbls oil in your frying pan, cook what needs cooking, add herbs and spices (not mixes, those are often really salty -- add your own salt).

Example: Steak & broccoli, garlic, onion cooked in 1 tablespoon olive oil with salt, pepper, herbs, hot pepper flakes (mine was aleppo), sliced mango on the side. (Remember to look up serving sizes for the steak & mango, and weigh them out. Weigh the veggies too but, imo, eat the amount of those that you need.)
  • samflood85
    Options
    Thanks this is great help :-D
  • ellie0213
    ellie0213 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Hey -- I'm going to send you a friend request -- you do not have to starve.