What does your workout look like?

Options
2»

Replies

• PoisonIvy088
    Options
    If I had to describe how it looks, I would go with "sweaty beached whale aggressively struggling to go faster". :smile:

Hahaha! No pain no gain ;)
  • PurpleYFronts
    PurpleYFronts Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Monday - Either a 50min run or 30mins skipping (jumping rope), stretching at lunchtime and Karate (90mins) in the evening.
    Tuesday - 45mins weights routine, generally free weights, deadlifts, lateral pulls, medicine ball sit-ups etc.
    Wednesday - 1 hour run. 90mins Yoga in the evening.
    Thursday - 30mins skipping, stretching and Karate (90mins) in the evening.
    Friday - As Tuesday or an hour run.
    Saturday - Karate (60 - 90mins).
    Sunday - Long run, these are increasing to around 90/120 minutes as part of marathon training.
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    fitchlets wrote: »
    What are the things you do that really help you see the pounds come off?
    Not shoveling food into my mouth. A reasonable diet is 80% of weight loss. The workouts are more for strength, power, speed, endurance flexibility, and aesthetics.. also good!

If you're starting out, I'd pick strength training with a personal trainer or a comprehensive program like Stronglifts or New Rules of Lifting (Supercharged). Strength training will help you preserve muscle as you lose weight, and done in circuits also provides low-impact cardio. It's rare that people choose a good set of exercises on their own, hence leveraging experienced trainers or balanced progressive programs. While doing these programs, focus as much as you can on form.

Me? M/W/F - C25K + NROL Supercharged.
    Weekend - Yoga or sports such as soccer and basketball

• fitchlets
    fitchlets Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much!!!! Love seeing so much variety.
  • pensierobello
    pensierobello Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Weight lifting 3 times a week. Cardio on the other 2 days, which mostly consists of walking for an hour. I hate jogging.

Also, if I happen to be at the gym, my favourite machines are the elliptical and rowing machines. Weird I know. I just enjoy how they feel. But they are for fun, they don't burn many calories. (At least not for me.)

My calorie deficit is a combination of diet and exercise. Weight is coming off fine. :)

Elliptical burns hundreds if you go at it with focus for 20-25 mins!