Help me- please!!

Options
jwsxs4
jwsxs4 Posts: 12 Member
I am on a 1200 calorie diet... I have started eating natural- no processed foods- all lean meats and fish- fruits and veggies- i am eating constantly! but I am never meeting my 1200 calories... Last night when I entered my food diary- the message came up that said I need to increase my calories or I am going to send my body into starvation mode- and actually slow down my metabolism- which is about as fast as a heard of turtles the way it is! I am not eating dairy products either- and I have to tell you I feel so much better than I have in a long time!! What can I do?? HELP ME!!!!

Replies

• lilybug13
    lilybug13 Posts: 154
    Options
    Have you tried raw nuts?
  • tiger87lilly
    tiger87lilly Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Add a another snack to your plan, nuts, peanut butter, and granola are all high in caloires.
  • Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    have you tried Nuts, beans, organic yogurt. If I think I cant eat all my calories I have a peanut butter sandwich with my soy milk or almond milk and it can be plenty to catch up.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Add more calorie dense foods, such as nuts, seeds, dehydrated fruit. Eat higher fat versions of foods you eat such as yogurt, cheese, milk, salad dressings. Add olive oil to soups and/or sauces. Add avocado to salads and sandwiches. Have a glass of juice in place of 1 glass of water.

You don't have to eat more food to ingest more calories, just make different food choices.
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    they'r right! Add peanut butter and whole wheat crackers or nuts! High in calorie!
  • Robadobasaurus
    Options
    could you post a typical days food? i'd find it hard not to eat 1200 calories!!! some fruits are high value, like bananas which could help you get up there as a snack. also as Lily says try nuts. maybe increase your portion sizes if you are missing the mark too?
  • abbyko
    abbyko Posts: 108
    Options
    Add some brown rice or quinoa to your diet. Or avocados, you need good fats.
  • makmyra
    makmyra Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'd kick in a bowl of cereal or oatmeal...or maybe a banana with peanut butter....something yummy....U can do it !
  • PhoenyxRising
    PhoenyxRising Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem a lot of days. I've found that I don't realize how few I am taking in because I am so worried about taking in too many during the day- then I end up with a lot left at night and I'm either not hungry enough to use them all, or I don't want to eat high calorie snacks late. What I've tried is either adding a protein shake in the morning, or evening... or making your own smoothie with berries, a banana (which is about 100 calories) and low fat yogurt works well. You can also try things like the new fig newton crisps which are really good and 140 calories for 3 thin cookies or baked chips- I usually eat half a serving (60-70 calories). Good luck!!
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    you can add avacado to your meals that will boost up your calories and its healthy :)
  • wendyloh
    wendyloh Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try adding high calorie, natural, organic "dairy" products like almond milk, or hemp milk. They aren't actually dairy but have tons of nutrients, and they are calories you drink instead of eating, so you don't have to eat more. Nuts are also higher in calories and the good kinds of fat, and you don't need to eat that many. Hope this helps :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Add whole grains! A cup of brown rice with dinner, wrap those lean protiens and veggies in a whole wheat wrap, use whole grain crackers or pita with hummus or other dips instead of veggies. Not only is it delicious and filling (and fairly high in calories) but very nutricious.
  • ddmcclore
    ddmcclore Posts: 13
    Options
    Am on a 1200 cal. a day. I went on- line, search 400 cal. meals or 500 cal. meals

400cal. breakfast
    400cal. lunch
    400cal. dinner

It help me, good luck!
  • Bigtunatina
    Bigtunatina Posts: 44
    Options
    Definitely add almonds/nuts. I never have a problem meeting my 1200 calorie diet. Are you eating 3 meals and 2-3 snacks a day?
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Add a another snack to your plan, nuts, peanut butter, and granola are all high in caloires.
    And low fat popcorn, Gram Crackers, Piece of fruit and yogurt.
  • ddmcclore
    Options
    Am on a 1200 cal. a day. I went on- line, search 400 cal. meals or 500 cal. meals

400cal. breakfast
    400cal. lunch
    400cal. dinner

It help me, good luck!
  • ddmcclore
    Options

400cal. breakfast
    400cal. lunch
    400cal. dinner

It help me, good luck!
  • jwsxs4
    jwsxs4 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all of your help- I typically eat-

Breakfast- 2 hard boiled eggs and a cup or two of fresh fruit
    snack- fruit or turkey breast or celery with peanut butter
    lunch- large salad with lean meat lots of veggies and catalina dressing
    snack - hard boiled egg or fruit
    dinner- fish or meat of some kind and a large cobb salad
    snack- fruit- veggies or more celery with peanut butter.

I am a self employed massage therapist so in between clients I find myself munching on whatever is handy- I keep fresh fruit and veggies for that reason... I really feel good and I don't want to add dairy products or processed foods if I don't have too....
  • tiger87lilly
    tiger87lilly Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I stay away for dairy as well....lactose bab....however I use soy in place of milk and some times almond milk which is very high in caloires. When you are eating mostly fruits and veggies you will have a lower caloric intake so that in mind. Good luck
  • Robadobasaurus
    Options
    all I could suggest would be to add nuts as snacks or bananas, also there doesnt seem to be many carbs in there which have high calaorie content, try having a small amount of pasta with meals, fresh is good, or using brown rice or fresh bread.