disappointed

Options
Is 10 pounds in two months too little to lose?
I was 120 kg and now Im around 114 . I feel disappointed

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    10 pounds in two months is awesome, WTG!
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    It is recommended that people lose no more than ~2lb/week, or 8lb/month. So 5lb/month is incredibly reasonable.
  • krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I too have lost 10lbs in 2 months. :) Totally reasonable. Just keep on keepin' on!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    0 pounds in two months is too little to lose. Congratulations!
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    10lbs is awesome! Congrats!!
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Monna2 wrote: »
    Is 10 pounds in two months too little to lose?
    I was 120 kg and now Im around 114 . I feel disappointed

It's MORE than a pound a week. I'm pretty stoked when I consistently hit a pound a week. What's not to like? That's more than 50 pounds a year, right? How can you not just love he hell out of losing 50 pounds?

• Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's great progress.
  • Monna2
    Monna2 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone :)
    I had this idea that if I'm morbidly obese then I the weight should fall off faster, like I should lose 2 kg a week.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I had this idea that if I'm morbidly obese then I the weight should fall off faster, like I should lose 2 kg a week.

That is true, the weight does come off faster when you're very overweight. You can probably lose around 2lbs/week tops though. When you get smaller it will get harder and you'll only really want to lose .5-1lb/week for example. 2kg/week is crazy talk.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options

I don't think it's all that unusual to come into this with those expectations. After all, the media feeds us all these images of rapid weight loss, on "reality" shows like the Biggest Loser, on talk shows or ads for crash diets and such. We're surrounded by them and it's hard not to allow them to affect us.

But the truth is, if you crash diet to lose the weight that quickly, you're just setting yourself up to regain it that quickly. Slower is better. Hold onto your muscle mass, learn healthy eating habits for life, and lose at a reasonable pace of up to 2lbs/week. It'll get even slower as you get closer to your goal weight, too.

Patience is the best weapon for successful weight loss.
  • Monna2
    Monna2 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thank you , guys, for the motivation.
    You're the best. :)
  • rshear1026
    Options
    That's great!! Your doing it right obviously and easier to keep off! Congratulations!!!