Mom in need!

Options
My daughter will be 6 months tomorrow. And I really want to lose all my stomcah or at least a good amount by summer. June 15th is my goal date of when I want to official be comfortable in a swimsuit of my choosing. Do any moms have any tips for losing weight in that area?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    A caloric deficit is all thats required to lose weight.
  • ayannabayer
    ayannabayer Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    [quote="Liftng4Lis;31396875"
    What exactly does that mean? And will result be quicker?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    It means eat at a deficit and you will lose weight.
  • abida22
    abida22 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Eat less calories than you burn. Continue to breastfeed and put the baby in a carrier/sling and go for long walks. They love it plus it makes you work harder because you'll be carrying more weight :)
  • ayannabayer
    Options
    Well I already stopped breastfeeding. I wish I hadnt. And I try but I don't know how to resist temptation
  • saraphim41
    saraphim41 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Best way to resist temptation is to get up and walk away.
  • LoveMyBabes3
    LoveMyBabes3 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Try to plan ahead. Log everything you plan to eat during the day before you actually consume the food. This allows you to adjust portions, food types, etc. If you are eating healthy enough you may even have room for a small treat. Stick to your calorie goal the best you can. Find time (at least 30 min) to exercise even if that means dancing at home with the baby or going on walks. I too am trying to lose the baby belly before summer and after only 2.5 weeks of being on MFP with a one pound goal per week, I have lost almost 5 pounds. Tells me I was eating rather unhealthy before if it can drop that quickly and I eat my calorie goal every day.
  • LoveMyBabes3
    LoveMyBabes3 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    And drink plenty of water.
  • SarahKhristan
    SarahKhristan Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    A caloric deficit is all thats required to lose weight.

Yup! I gave birth to my son about 3 months ago. I still have a lot of weight to lose, but I also need to keep in mind that I had a baby and my skin/stomach were stretched WAY out.

Start slowly with your exercise or whatever your Dr will allow you to do. Between watching what you eat and burning off some extra calories, you will lose weight.

• ayannabayer
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    How tall are you and what's your current weight?

Lose weight fast? Why the rush?

I'm 5'7 & 277lbs. The rush is being fat is depressing. I'm too young to feel as insecure with my body as I do. Which is my rush. I want to live a more normal life. I'm tried of being tired from just walking up the stair. I don't even plan on wearing shorts or going swimming this summer bc my massive about of celluite & fat I've got on my stomach since I got pregnant.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Well expect it to take at least as long as it took to put on. There is no quick n dirty here. Learn to walk away from bad eats. Move more and consume less calories. Walk as often as you can!
  • ayannabayer
    Options
    Well expect it to take at least as long as it took to put on. There is no quick n dirty here. Learn to walk away from bad eats. Move more and consume less calories. Walk as often as you can!

That makes sense. Which is a year lol.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I found that it was more effective for my plan (and my mental health) to avoid focusing on the end result in the distant future. I tried to stay in the present, plan each day and celebrate every day of better choices.
  • ayannabayer
    Options
    I found that it was more effective for my plan (and my mental health) to avoid focusing on the end result in the distant future. I tried to stay in the present, plan each day and celebrate every day of better choices.

Thank you. Its truly inspiring and helpful advice.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    How tall are you and what's your current weight?

Lose weight fast? Why the rush?

I'm 5'7 & 277lbs. The rush is being fat is depressing. I'm too young to feel as insecure with my body as I do. Which is my rush. I want to live a more normal life. I'm tried of being tired from just walking up the stair. I don't even plan on wearing shorts or going swimming this summer bc my massive about of celluite & fat I've got on my stomach since I got pregnant.

Yes being fat sucks. what people are hinting at is that you need to educate yourself on the process of losing fat.
    Calorie deficit , CICO or Calorie in Calorie Out is the only scientificly proven principal that reduces body fat.

The concept is you must eat fewer calories then you burn. MFP is the tool which we use to log and track our calories to make sure we are doing that.

The process is simple to grasp and the better you understand it the more likely you will be to do it.
    Here is a great read that will give you all the info you need to lose the fat and get to your goal weight.
    http://www.acaloriecounter.com/diet/

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Never delay for a single moment the ability to be happy! And guess what. . . happy people have better executive functioning, which includes making and meeting their goals.