5' 3", (nearly) 50, female, looking for online buddy

Options
The title says it all. I'm trying to lose weight in a healthy way. I'm not getting a lot of support at home from my husband, so I'm looking for somebody to chat with and be supportive with online. I started out in October at 180 working with a nutritionist, and I'm making VERY SLOW progress. I'm at 173 right now and been getting depressed because it seems so difficult. I only started on MFP 2 weeks ago. Anybody?

Replies

• collinslann
    collinslann Posts: 2 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'll join your party. I'm 47 and feel like I'm going nowhere. I'm 5' 1" and 160. I don't gain fast and lose even slower.
  • wlornelas75
    Options
    Hello I am in a similar situation no one wants to eat clean in my house and cutting carbs as well some meds for premenopausal symptoms helped me to gain 20 lbs of unwanted weight .....I'm available for accountability n support I understand depression im the heaviest I've ever been I'm starting slow as well :D
  • csteuter
    csteuter Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Oh yes .. right there with you. I'm 55, 5'3" and about 159 pounds. Unfortunately, I cannot have any "cheat" days AT ALL or I have no progress. And the progress is very, very slow. We are here to support you!
  • sheena8709
    sheena8709 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello I will help if you help me this is my second time around started off great with a group of friends went from 230lbs to 180lbs. But when my motivation moved away I gave up now I am slowly gaining the weight back. It's been hard trying to get back on track due to NO support at home so let's make it happen as a team and do this together, I am looking to lose at least 50lbs.
  • toughteacher
    Options
    I sympathize with all! 52 years young need to lose ten lbs but no matter how many calories I cut or exercise u do I'm not losing. It is very depressing
  • Diamondawnr
    Diamondawnr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    45 yr old recent no smoker will totally jump on board. Never really dieted before. So need lots of advice. I've got about 60 pounds to loose.
  • dworley50
    dworley50 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this discussion/support group. Today is day 1 for me.... I weighed 199.6# today!!! No more!!! Time to start moving and eating less. I just turned 51 and went thru menopause within the past several months. HELP!!! I've never been so fat!!!
  • gold1986vette
    gold1986vette Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Getting back on track after 3 years away. Gained 40 lbs.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    HI ladies! I'll join you all too...50 (still not used to that!) 5'4" and wanting to lose 20 more after losing 13 since Jan4. That doesn't seem too slow for me, usually I lose around 1 lb a week so that average of 2 is most excellent!

Have you all had to lower your calorie goals now that we are "older"?
  • michellelhodges123
    michellelhodges123 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Add me! Lol..48.. Will be 49 this year, 5' 2 1/2" 181... was less but meds have added...dr would like to see me loose 30...puts me on high end for height..but have health issues and last time was less had big problems...so.."we will talk" once I loose..maintain and go from there.
  • LoriLmcia
    LoriLmcia Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Add me too please! 51 years old. 5'2 and would like to lose 30 lbs. I just joined MFP this week and still trying to learn it. Would love to have a little support and some friends on this site to visit with.
  • shoneu
    Options
    I am here too, I can't seem to move. I'm stuck
  • rawdiet
    Options
    50 years old and it is a slow process
  • jenr6482
    jenr6482 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    MFP works! I'm 5' 3" started at 163 my dr told me to eat 1500 calories a day. I lost 20 lbs in 5 months just logging calories. Fell off wagon during holidays and gained some back . I want to lose 10. I want to encourage and be encouraged getting back on track!
  • Lunastar3
    Lunastar3 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join you ladies and guys. I don't know what to say except weight loss is something that you have to be aware of every single day. It's when you're not looking that you lose focus and lose your commitment. I went on vacation quiet some months ago, I can't even remember how long it's been but I will find out tomorrow. I had lost over 30 lbs and I have gained them back because of losing focus much to my healths surprise. I'm right back to where I started with the same health issues. I'm over 50 years old now, female, married, and would like to make some motivated friends my age that are making this lifestyle change for their health and for the quality of life as well. Let's be sucessful together. I know what I have to do and I know how to do it, it's the focus that I have to keep. Today is a brand new day holding the promise of tomorrow. Thanks, Lunastar3 aka Darlene. Let's do this!!
  • faith1234
    faith1234 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    same here i'm 46 and tring to eat healthier to get off meds no one in the house is willing to help they don't have any health issues (YET) I have high blood pressure diabetic and so on and so on
  • AReeves41
    AReeves41 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Im 41. Add me
  • cdloyer
    cdloyer Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Wow! I'm actually amazed at the number of people who responded! :D I'm so excited to have so many people want to help. And be helped. I really want to stay positive and focus on the things we are all doing right. I am sure we could all use the support. If for some reason I didn't add you, it's because I'm having techno issues. Please add me if I haven't added you.
  • cdloyer
    cdloyer Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Ok so I started a group called "50 and Focused on Fabulous" for anyone who is interested in supporting and being supported online by people who are in the same boat as we are: older and trying to lose the weight (for whatever reason) and not feeling supported at home.
  • JamieDSD
    JamieDSD Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    A little late to the party but I'd like to join also...57 (Yikes) and 4' 11" with 20-25 pounds to loose. :)