Looking for people doing the Dukan Diet

hi everyone,
I am starting the Dukan diet and I am looking for other people who are doing it for support and friendships along the way.
I have done many diets along the way but after hearing about this one and reading the book and talking to a few friends that are doing it and have lost quite a lot of weight on it I am going to do it.
I have always been a protein lover so for me this seems like the perfect plan. I also love how once you have got past the stabilisation part that it can be like a normal everyday eating plan with just a few little adjustments so that you keep the weight off.
I am hoping to find some new friends who are either following, starting or just about to start this plan.
So if that is you please feel free to add me and share your experiences.
I am currently 94kgs and my goal is to get back down to 54 to 58kgs
I hope you all are having a awesome day.

Replies

• cwagar123
    cwagar123 Posts: 195 Member
    I checked out the website... Not only did they tell me my "true weight"... but it also let me know that the cost would be $329.
    my advice would be to use MFP and invest that money in yummy healthy food.
  • Yeah it is far too expensive on the website and I am not even sure that is by the doctor that came up with the plan. I bought the book which cost me $22.99 and it has everything in it. The complete plan as well as lots of recepies.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Do you think you can stick with these kinds of food restrictions for life? I'm only asking because I've tried low carb diets and been very successful but as soon as I reintroduced carbs the weight would come back so quickly ...they never worked long term

On the other hand, for me, an unrestrictive by food category, calorie controlling approach has been a revelation

So it's up to you,if you can live low carb forever
  • I am a huge bread eater but it makes me feel ill and when I restrict the carbs I feel heaps better. More energetic less tired etc. that's why I am giving it a go. I still need to have a good mix as I won't restrict bread from my kids foods so not a huge change but it should be enough to get me going again.
  • gracenorthcutt
    gracenorthcutt Posts: 43 Member
    I just started this diet last Sunday.
    Getting through 6 days of the Attack phase was a little rough. I think I dreamed about broccoli. Meat and veggies are pretty much what I want to eat all the time so I'm not seeing a lot of issues coming up long term but there's no way to know.

How have you all been since your last post?
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Dukan Diet?

I thought I heard "Dunkin' Donuts"

I'm all in!
    dunkin_donuts_poster.jpg
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Dukan Diet?

I thought I heard "Dunkin' Donuts"

I'm all in!
    dunkin_donuts_poster.jpg

Dude, if you live in New England, it's the easiest diet around!

Seriously. I think my wee rural town has more Dunks per capita than should be sustainable!