HEALTHY SNACKS!

Options
Hi guys, just wondering what everyone's favourite healthy snacks are? I want to try something new that will help with weight loss!

Replies

• tnwlkr43
    tnwlkr43 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hummus and celery or cauliflower, fresh fruit and yogurt, halos, and i make my own granola bars
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I like Greek yogurt with hemp, chia, and flax seeds for snacking. Sometimes I'll make a Protein shake with 2 scoops of PB2, or a Quest protein bar. I take fresh fruit with me to work as a mid morning and afternoon snack.
  • kiki_anitoni
    kiki_anitoni Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've been stuck on Greek yogurt w fruit, banana chips, dried cranberries, baby carrots w ranch, cuties, almonds. The key is just to find something you enjoy so you can maintain the way of life eating your version of healthy. I try not to overthink it as I am a beginner as well.
  • likehlikeo
    likehlikeo Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Roasted soy beans. Yummy, crunchy and a good source of protein. I buy them in 50g packs, so I will not overindulge.
  • piggysmalls333
    piggysmalls333 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Here are some ideas:

Yogurt Parfait
    - Plain yogurt (i.e. Fage), sweetened with cinnamon and no-sugar added vanilla extract. (If you need it sweeter initially while you are weaning down off the sweet taste add xylitol, a sugar alcohol that doesn’t raise insulin and helps reduce the risk of tooth decay or, Stevia). Add ½ cup of diced apple for crunch or frozen berries defrosted and with a little of their juice (no sugar added of course) for a great antioxidant punch!

Celery sticks stuffed with
    - Peanut or almond butter
    - Light whipped cream cheese or ricotta cheese whipped with your favorite herb mix and with chopped olives or walnuts stirred in

Tortilla Roll-ups-using low carb or whole wheat tortillas (have earlier in the day)
    - Almond or peanut butter* whipped with light whipped cream cheese or Low Fat ricotta cheese. Spread 1-2 tbsp on tortilla, Add ¼ cup chopped apple for some crunch.
    - Cottage cheese or light whipped cream cheese, salsa, chopped red peppers and jicama.

Great portable snacks:
    - 10 raw nuts and a fruit serving
    - 1 oz cheese (especially string cheese) and a fruit serving.

Apple slices and nut butter

Baked apple
    - sprinkle with cinnamon and bake, fill with ricotta or cottage cheese and top with a tbsp of freshly ground flaxseed meal.

Smoothie
    - 1 scoop whey protein powder, ½ cup berries, ½ cup plain yogurt
    - cottage cheese, ½ cup ice and ½ cup water, cinnamon and vanilla extract.
    - Try freezing this and have as a Popsicle

Faux Trail Mix
    - ½ cup Kashi Go Lean cereal and 1 tbsp chopped nuts

1 cup veggie soup

Raw veggies and dip
    - use olive oil, Dijon and balsamic vinegarette mixed with your favorite spices

• zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I'm someone who tends to need a lot of snacks throughout the day.

My favourites:
    Apple slices with peanut butter
    Custard pots from Aldi
    75% dark chocolate
    String cheese
    Nuts, seeds, dried fruit and berries, dates etc
    Grapes
  • Oldbitcollector
    Oldbitcollector Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    On the go trail mix packs (200 calories) from Aldi
    Bananas
    Apples
  • stephdeeday
    stephdeeday Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I love snacking on cheese - cottage cheese, babybel, cheese string..etc

Also really love pistachios as a snack.
  • Tatarataa
    Tatarataa Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Here are some ideas:

Yogurt Parfait
    - Plain yogurt (i.e. Fage), sweetened with cinnamon and no-sugar added vanilla extract. (If you need it sweeter initially while you are weaning down off the sweet taste add xylitol, a sugar alcohol that doesn’t raise insulin and helps reduce the risk of tooth decay or, Stevia). Add ½ cup of diced apple for crunch or frozen berries defrosted and with a little of their juice (no sugar added of course) for a great antioxidant punch!

Celery sticks stuffed with
    - Peanut or almond butter
    - Light whipped cream cheese or ricotta cheese whipped with your favorite herb mix and with chopped olives or walnuts stirred in

Tortilla Roll-ups-using low carb or whole wheat tortillas (have earlier in the day)
    - Almond or peanut butter* whipped with light whipped cream cheese or Low Fat ricotta cheese. Spread 1-2 tbsp on tortilla, Add ¼ cup chopped apple for some crunch.
    - Cottage cheese or light whipped cream cheese, salsa, chopped red peppers and jicama.

Great portable snacks:
    - 10 raw nuts and a fruit serving
    - 1 oz cheese (especially string cheese) and a fruit serving.

Apple slices and nut butter

Baked apple
    - sprinkle with cinnamon and bake, fill with ricotta or cottage cheese and top with a tbsp of freshly ground flaxseed meal.

Smoothie
    - 1 scoop whey protein powder, ½ cup berries, ½ cup plain yogurt
    - cottage cheese, ½ cup ice and ½ cup water, cinnamon and vanilla extract.
    - Try freezing this and have as a Popsicle

Faux Trail Mix
    - ½ cup Kashi Go Lean cereal and 1 tbsp chopped nuts

1 cup veggie soup

Raw veggies and dip
    - use olive oil, Dijon and balsamic vinegarette mixed with your favorite spices

• Tatarataa
    Tatarataa Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots or sliced mushrooms with reduced fat ketchup and mustard, salad, coleslaw, 100 calorie nut packs, string cheese or mini babybel light, berries, enlightened ice cream or arctic zerobice cream, sugar free hard candy marshmallows and licorice, greek yoghurt or yoghurt, pickles, quest bars, latortillafactory 50 cal high fiber tortilla, apples, ....