18 losing weight

Options
I'm 18 6'2 always been big and tall but senior prom is coming up in 4 months my goal is to lose as much weight just to see if I will feel better in my own skin! Hoping to drop a few pants sizes hahahah.

Replies

• Emma8882015
    Emma8882015 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Good luck! It's great that you're taking control, I think MFP is a fantastic resource for helping to get food intake to a healthy proportion. I'm guilty of over-eating and snacking, and have lost a good amount of weight already. You can do it!
  • gusinott
    gusinott Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You're on the right path with MFP. I've been on for about a month, dropped some weight already, and my old pants are starting to look like they'll fit me soon... All the best!
  • Littlemissmetalfit
    Options
    Good luck.. Feel free to add me!, rember lifting weights is key to looking slimmer, make sure you eat enough protien/veg/fat in the process. :)
  • dhooddh
    Options
    Hey man! Welcome to MFP :) This really is a great app to use when it comes to achieving whatever your fitness goals may be. Add me if youd like an accountability partner. The poster above me mentioned weight lifting, and believe me, this is the best advice youll find when it comes to weight loss!

Anyways, all the best for your journey :)
  • zachary2245
    zachary2245 Posts: 4
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I used to lift alot but family issues came up and I had to stop and take care of my great grandma I used to lift everyday and I wasn't huge but I was slim and very strong for a 18 year old
  • DoNotSpamMe73
    DoNotSpamMe73 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I'm 18 6'2 always been big and tall but senior prom is coming up in 4 months my goal is to lose as much weight just to see if I will feel better in my own skin! Hoping to drop a few pants sizes hahahah.

Well exercise when you can, don't eat too much and for skin note what you eat. Don't forget to study too though. This year is what the past 11 were for. Bit of a waste to not put effort in :wink: .

• zachary2245
    Options

Well exercise when you can, don't eat too much and for skin note what you eat. Don't forget to study too though. This year is what the past 11 were for. Bit of a waste to not put effort in :wink: .
    yes ma'am thanks for the advise I appreciate it so much!!! The community is so helpful and supportive here

• LoveTilWeOD
    Options
    You'll do great! Try not to think of it as looking as much aight as you can, you might get upset if it doesn't go beyond expectations. Just work your beat and if you have a bad day, have a better one tomorrow
  • scottadamkaveny
    Options
    Let me know if you need support. I'm happy to help.
  • Mutini
    Mutini Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm also 18 and looking to lose weight before graduation lol. Good luck!!
  • shannonbun
    shannonbun Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Stick with it! I wish I'd have gotten on this when I was a senior in high school, I'm just now STICKING to a diet plan at 19/college sophomore. Don't stress yourself out too much and remember to enjoy the last bit of high school though! MFP is great for tracking and it really helps you plan out meals in the long run :) add me if you need some support! Good luck!
  • zachary2245
    Options
    THANKYOU EVERYONE this is the best community in the world I appreciate all the support !!!