Low calorie snack ideas

Options
kthew12
kthew12 Posts: 21 Member
edited February 2015 in Food and Nutrition
Hi! In need of some interesting low calorie snack ideas as I'm a typical grazer through the day at work. Below 100 cal please! And beyond the typical fruit/ veg/ nuts if possible.

Replies

• troutrouter
    Options
    My go to snacks, besides fruit, are Emerald Almonds (100 cal pack) and Dannon Light & Fit Greek yogurt (80 cal). I like to eat snacks high in protein to help with satiety.
  • sajerd
    sajerd Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Rice cake smeared with peanut butter! Can't go to bed without it, I'm afraid.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Popcorn is really low calorir
  • envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I like to divide baby carrots out into little 50-60 calorie packs for me to snack on throughout the day. You can do the same with fruits, nuts or anything else you can fit in a bag.

As Hesn92 said, popcorn (without the butter) is a really good low calorie snack (although I like to add a little Splenda and cinnamon to mine).

Yoplait has a Greek yogurt line that is 100 calories a serving.

Cottage cheese is relatively low calorie and flavor neutral, so you can mix different spices etc. with it to make it fit your taste (again, I like to add some Splenda and cinnamon).

Non-sweetened apple sauce a good snack. I like to stock up on the individually packaged kind so my portion stays consistent.

If you have a sweet tooth, marshmallows are surprisingly low calorie, although they're not the healthiest option.

I hope these ideas help!
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    sajerd wrote: »
    Rice cake smeared with peanut butter! Can't go to bed without it, I'm afraid.

Another one of my go to snacks as well. Sometimes I'll put a little PB2 on it.
  • anashnyc
    anashnyc Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Jello w cool whip sugar free. The jello is only 10 calories and a dollop of cool whip is only 20 calories. Yum
  • smalltown_princess
    smalltown_princess Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I like chia seed pudding. If you are careful with the serving size it can be pretty low cal
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Cheese sticks and a apple or a apple and a yogurt.
  • tnwlkr43
    tnwlkr43 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    anashnyc wrote: »
    Jello w cool whip sugar free. The jello is only 10 calories and a dollop of cool whip is only 20 calories. Yum

I love SF Jello with either cool whip or nonfat yogurt and add fresh fruit

• kthew12
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone!
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    sugar free chocolate pudding squirt of reddi whip 75 calories, baked apple with cinnamon , fage greek yoguert with splenda and cinnamon drop by tbs on wax paper, freeze, yogurt "drops", popcorn 3 cups, frozen banana.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    oh! Vitatops, deep chocolate, how could I forget those chocalatey cakes?? nomity nom1
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I love tzatziki for snacks, but I have such a "sour-tooth". For sweet I do chocolate. A mini kitkat is 96 calories, or 2-3 squares of dark chocolate. Marshmallows, half a cup has 80 or so calories. One of my most favorite snacks is sunflower or pumpkin seeds in shell. You take your time shelling them so a small serving seems to last forever. If you have access to flatbread you can make low calorie rolls. The trick is to find the thinnest bread you can find so you could go crazy on the filling. I also do mini Phyllo cups filled with whatever I want.
  • kthew12
    Options

sugar free chocolate pudding squirt of reddi whip 75 calories, baked apple with cinnamon , fage greek yoguert with splenda and cinnamon drop by tbs on wax paper, freeze, yogurt "drops", popcorn 3 cups, frozen banana.

Love the yoghurt drop idea thanks!
  • KaelaLee88
    KaelaLee88 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Low Calorie Grain Bars, Seasoned Quorn Chicken pieces are delicious and low Cal, Jelly, Popcorn, Baked Apple and Cinnamon Crisps - Saw this recently on TV (Slice an apple very thinly, dust with a little icing sugar or sweetener, dust with cinnamon, spray lightly with a little cooking oil and bake until crisp) - Hope these suggestions help! I also love the idea of Yoghurt drops x
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Bump. Great ideas so far...thanks very much.
  • heartpie
    heartpie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Snack ideas below 100 calories -

1. Mini PB&F
    One fig Newton with 1 teaspoon peanut butter.

2. Chocolate Banana
    Half a frozen banana dipped in two squares of melted dark chocolate.

3. Frozen grapes (any color)
    1 cup (about 28 grapes), stuck in the freezer for 2+ hours.

4. Honeyed Yogurt
    ½ cup nonfat Greek yogurt with a dash of cinnamon and 1 teaspoon honey.

5. Spiced Orange
    One orange— about the size of a tennis ball— sprinkled with cinnamon.

6. Grilled Pineapple
    2 ¼-inch thick pineapple rounds (about 1 cup), grilled (or sautéed) for two minutes or
    until golden.

7. Berries n’ Cream
    1 cup blueberries with 2 tablespoons whipped topping.

8. Stuffed Figs
    Two small dried figs with 1 tablespoon reduced-fat ricotta stuffed inside. Sprinkle with
    cinnamon.

9. Oats n’ Berries
    ⅓ cup rolled oats (cooked with water), topped with cinnamon and ¼ cup fresh berries.

10. Dark Chocolate
    One block, or three squares.

11. Nut-Stuffed Date
    One Medjool Date filled with one teaspoon natural unsalted almond butter.

12. Chocolate Milk
    6 ounces skim milk mixed with 2 teaspoons chocolate syrup.

13. Cinnamon Applesauce
    1 cup unsweetened applesauce. Or, try this homemade version!

14. Citrus-Berry Salad
    1 cup mixed berry salad (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, and/or blackberries)
    tossed with one tablespoon fresh-squeezed orange juice.

15. Maple-Pumpkin Yogurt
    ½ cup non-fat regular yogurt (go Greek for extra protein!) with 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree and 1 teaspoon maple syrup… like this!

16. Chocolate Pudding
    One 4oz package. Try a fat/sugar free version or a homemade one!

17. Chocolate Covered Strawberries
    Five strawberries dipped in two squares melted dark chocolate.

18. Tropical Juice Smoothie
    ¼ cup pineapple juice, orange juice, and apple juice, blended with ice.

19. Vanilla and Banana Smoothie
    ½ cup sliced banana, ¼ cup nonfat vanilla yogurt, and a handful of ice blended until smooth.

20. MYO Banana Chips
    One sliced banana dipped in lemon juice and baked.
  • mrem3
    mrem3 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My go-to snacks are; hard boiled eggs, cheese sticks, Greek yogurt, carrots & hummus.
  • cotewalter
    cotewalter Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Arctic Zero Frozen Dessert. It's like ice cream but not quite as good but a whole pint is around 150 calories. So i guess if you eat a serving which is 1/4 pint, do the math. :D
  • kthew12
    Options
    Loving these ideas thanks everyone