Home workouts on YouTube?

Options
Hi folks, I'm looking for a home workout using minimal equipment that takes no more than 30-45 mins - any recommendations? Has anyone used Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred or Ripped in 30, and is there much difference between the two programmes??

Replies

• ElisaBeth1996
    ElisaBeth1996 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Blogilates with Cassey Ho is so much fun. She creates a monthly calander with a workout plan for each day. A day can take anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour and 15 minutes, but it's worth it!!! I've never had so much fun working out and I've never felt so rewarded when I finish. I recommend blogilaties because it will motivate you and you will see a difference!
  • kiku76
    kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I love Cassey! If you're not into pilates, try Jessica Smith tv. She has a mix of cardio, weights, barre, yoga, pilates. She also has some calendars to follow.

It's been years since I did JM so I honestly don't remember the difference. Sorry
  • chaitrex
    chaitrex Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Blogilates with Cassey Ho is so much fun. She creates a monthly calander with a workout plan for each day. A day can take anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour and 15 minutes, but it's worth it!!! I've never had so much fun working out and I've never felt so rewarded when I finish. I recommend blogilaties because it will motivate you and you will see a difference!
    I second this! I've never been one to gush over fitness stars but Cassey Ho is amazing...I even follow her on in Instagram haha. Her channel is blogilates and/or pop Pilates. Those videos will leave you sore! Highly recommend.
  • LittleJem01
    LittleJem01 Posts: 51 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Thanks so much for the input - sounds like Cassey Ho is definitely one to check out! I'll have a look at Jessica Smith too for some variety. Thanks for the ideas :D
  • LovingLife_Erin
    LovingLife_Erin Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender on Youtube. They have videos for everything. Intense workouts, quick workouts, strength and cardio, low impact, etc. They are really great.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Hasfit and Fitness Blender
  • rachelklewis3
    rachelklewis3 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Jessica Smith TV on you tube is great, she has lots of different kinds of workouts. 30 day Shred and Ripped in 30 are the same format, just different exercises.
  • LittleJem01
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll have fun checking them out! I'm starting from a really low fitness base and tried out the 30DS last night - I can barely walk this morning but I got through it :# I'll have a look at some of the others tonight :)
  • angelamurray4
    Options

• mrthnrunr
    mrthnrunr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    BODYROCK.TV!! Omg I can't say enough good things about them!! At home workouts, totally free, and generally 8-12 minutes.
    I thought it was a joke at first but holy hell....wake up the next morning and you'll FEEL why it works!! Lol :)
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Also check out your Local Goodwill or other second hand store, usually lots of exercise vids to be had there super cheap.
  • jehzimom
    jehzimom Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Anyone want to commit to a program together?
  • chickenpie
    chickenpie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I started with Jillian Michaels 30 day shred.... Instant pain but quick results.. then did Ripped in 30, which i think is harder & follows from 30DS.

After that there's also 6 week 6 pack and Killer Buns and Thighs!

You can also find some other longer/shorter Jillian M vids online, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, No More Trouble Zones, Kickbox Cardio.

Can you tell I'm a big JM fan?!

I also recommend Fitness blender to mix it up a bit - I like it with my own music blasting..

x

• Peaceful_
    Peaceful_ Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love all of these!! if your into dancing or zumba... Clubfitz and shine dance fitness have awesome dance choreography workouts :smiley:
  • futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Really excited to see all the Blogilates fans! I haven't been at it long (still working through the new Beginner calendar) but I enjoy it more than any other. Following it exclusively, with some light yoga on top.

Anyone who wants a Blogilates buddy, can add me! (You do the Beginners 2.0 Calendar and then you hop onto the monthly calendar, so at that point, we'd all be doing the same workouts every day.)

I also like:

Yoga with Adriene
    Fitness Blender (it's effective and well designed, but I don't *enjoy* it much)
    Anything Jillian Michaels
    Jessica Smith
    Sean Vigue (he's fantastic, and mixes yoga and pilates)
    Billy Blanks (I like his boot camp series)
  • LittleJem01
    Options
    Thanks for all the input, guys, plenty there to play with!
    jehzimom wrote: »
    Anyone want to commit to a program together?
    I'd be up for that, jehzimom! Which of the programmes do you like the look of?

• Kadi82
    Kadi82 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I'm another fitness blender fan here. I love that on their page I can put time amount, type of exercise and then watch the video through you tube.
  • beckifitzg
    beckifitzg Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    If you like to dance I second the Club Fitz recommendation. They're loads of fun and seriously tire you out!

I use Jessica smith TV for stretching and flexibility but she also has loads of other kinds of work outs.

I am doing 30 day shred for lent and it's hard but I just don't find it fun at all so I have a habit of failing. (Not this time. I'm more determined than ever)
  • Rigi8
    Rigi8 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Being a bit of a technophobe, can you tell me if these are free? Do I just go on to YouTube and search for these names?
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Jessica Smith, Tiffany Rothe, Fitness Blender and Pop Sugar