Binge eating habbit

Options
Hi people,
I have a really bad problem with binge eating at late hours of the night. I don't know why I do it as half the time it doesn't even taste good and I always feel bad after. I just crave sugary or carby food. Does anyone have any good advice or recipes that may help me stop or at least be a healthy alternative?
Thanks

Replies

• jontucc
    jontucc Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Wholefoodsimply.com is a website with lots of healthy yummy sweets. I love the coconut rough recipe.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    sleep durring the night?

it sounds like bordome eating so find something to do so you are not bored.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    What is your calorie goal a day?
    Perhaps it's not enough food during the day.
  • linnipopz
    linnipopz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Me to and I know I am doing it and I know its just out of pure boredom and a very bad habit but I still continue to do it.
    I have always said to myself that I need to keep myself occupied so like take up something else like knitting or something to keep your hands and mind busy.
    Also small snacks that will fill you more for longer like nuts or plain popcorn maybe?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    pre-log your day to include late night snacks.
  • robyngrant739
    robyngrant739 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm bad for this! Recently quit smoking that's my excuse anyway ha
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Hi people,
    I have a really bad problem with binge eating at late hours of the night. I don't know why I do it as half the time it doesn't even taste good and I always feel bad after. I just crave sugary or carby food. Does anyone have any good advice or recipes that may help me stop or at least be a healthy alternative?
    Thanks

How many calories do you eat per day and what are your "binge" calories?

I find that it is very helpful to know how many calories you actually eat per day to help you with tweaking your logging.

Prelogging snacks is certainly an option for you as well as getting rid of the "snacks" you binge on and replacing those with lower calorie options.

Popcorn-a whole bag of microwave popcorn is around 140 cal. That is my go to "crunchy snack".

A pudding cup for the sweet.