Almond milk

Options
hi is almond milk really good for you like they say as some people I know say too much of it can mess you up? Dno what to believe

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Too much of anything can mess you up.
  • sushiandtea
    sushiandtea Posts: 24 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I've never heard anything bad about it, nor had any problems with it... then again, I only use it 1 to 3 times a day. Sometimes I have it in coffee, but usually just on cereal to reduce a few calories from the milk, or I'll have a glass of it if I want to drink milk (I can have regular milk in coffee, but more than 250ml and my stomach reacts)
  • katiejanecollins
    katiejanecollins Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I have 130ml of it 5 days a week - love it!
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Unless you have a medical reason to avoid it, there's no reason it cannot be incorporated as part of a healthy diet, just like any other food.

Check the macros though - compared to cows milk it has very little protein so this may have an impact on your nutritional goals.
  • Shahs31
    Shahs31 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :)
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I drink 1 - 2 cups a day and have no trouble.
  • Linvala
    Linvala Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    What do you mean mess you up? I know the soy milk gets a lot of mixed comments but never heard anything bad about almond milk. I think it's safe unless you have a allergy or it doesn't sit well with you. I drink almond milk a lot, especially in my coffee.
  • kalamitykate83
    kalamitykate83 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Mess you up how?!
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I drink it nonstop.

Usually 1 cup in the AM blended with 1 cup coffee and 1 whey scoop.

It does have more calcium than milk.
  • tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Silk Unsweetened Almond Milk has only 30 cals per cup and it tastes good. I've made my own almond milk, too, which is pretty easy- blanche a cup of almonds, take off the brown skins (they pop right off), put the almonds in a blender with cold water and blend. Strain off the pulp and enjoy.

• senglishrose
    senglishrose Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I love the unsweetened almond milk. It taste good as tekklechlkk says and is only 30 calories for a cup. Taste good, low calories -- can't beat that. I started with it because I was having trouble with milk and I'm convinced it good for me as well because almonds in general are supposed to be good for you.