raw eating and bloating

Options
Just to clarify I'm not a raw eater or a vegan or anything like that but recently I've been getting painfully bloated after my lunch which is almost always a salad (lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, radish, peppers) with some cooked meat or cheese. It's terrible about half an hour after I eat my stomach bulges (I thought one day last week my dress would split at the seams) and then an hour or so later it starts to, erm, disperse! Sometimes I feel pretty nauseous with it but not every day.

Some googling suggests that it could be the raw veggies causing this- I don't really want to have to go to the bother of cooking a load of veg to bring into workfor my lunches so I was wondering if any raw eaters had experienced this and found a way around it or if your body got used to it after a while?

I don't have any food allergies that I'm aware of.

Replies

• SunflowerCat74
    SunflowerCat74 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Maybe try eliminating one veggie at a time to see if it's just one that's causing the problem. Start with the cucumber!
  • Linvala
    Linvala Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Have you recently just started to eat more veggies? Its completely normal to bloat after eating some veggies especially on the quantity you're eating. Usually I bloat when i eat diary. Maybe try to keep track if you feel bloated at other times eating certain foods to see if it's your protein source getting you bloated or just the veggies(search fodmaps)
  • pinktoesjb
    pinktoesjb Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Maybe try eliminating one veggie at a time to see if it's just one that's causing the problem. Start with the cucumber!

Nooo I love cucumber lol.

I think you are both right I need to keep a tighter watch on what sets it off. I'm not new to eating salads for lunch really which is why it seems odd but I have added things recently I never used to have radishes, or cheese for that matter.
  • AndreaWhite611
    AndreaWhite611 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    A lot of people have gas issues with cucumber. Hopefully you can figure out what's causing the issue without having to write off raw veggies all together .
  • suntanxxx
    suntanxxx Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I find I bloat a lot after lettuce maybe try spinach instead and take the cheese away.