CHANGING ME!

Options
I am 34 years old and a mother of an 11 yr old girl and 12 yr old boy. I have always been an "Inside Mom" Watching movies, cooking baking, EATING, all things I love to do. But what I didn't realize, is that I was eating my way to my death. I loved to bake so I was always making cakes, cookies, desserts and everything else. I was eating tons of fast food and drinking a 2 liter of coca cola everyday. I was lazy and stayed in my room all the time.... hiding with my goodies. I didn't spend the time with my children that they needed because I was lazy and didn't want to get out of the bed. Then a point came to where I felt like I had ZERO energy for about 3-4 days and i was having bad stomach pain but didnt wanna move. Finally I called my mom and she took me to the Emergency room. I KNEW something wasn't right. Shortly after I got there they weighed me. 285 POUNDS!!! I couldnt believe it. I had never been so big in my life. Not even when I was 9 months pregnant. Then the doctor shocked me! He told me I have TYPE 2 DIABETES my glucose level was almost 600. Plus SEVERE PANCREATITIS. Not to mention a fatty liver. WOW! my heart dropped. I knew at that moment I had to change my life. I got admitted to the hospital for 3 days and that gave me plenty of time to sit and really take a look at my life and how I was living. I thought I was living good, but I wasn't living good for myself, my body, or my kids. I was 34 yrs old and 285 pounds. I want to stay alive for my children. I want to see them grow and I want to be there for them. They cant do that with me dead or laying around in my bed. This all happened NOVEMBER 21, 2014. I started a 1200 calorie low carb diet immediately. I work out on the Nintendo Wii fit and I do Yoga and I try to walk 1-2 miles everyday now. I have pushed myself and I have not given up one moment. I have been on this journey 3 months now. I HAVE LOST 59 POUNDS. Its crazy I cannot believe that my hard work has paid off like this. I have yoyo dieted and it work for about a month but i have never really lost more than 20 pounds. But the difference here is that I am not on a diet. I have changed my whole lifestyle. Living, eating healthier and being more active. I am happier now then I have been in a long time. But I still have a very long road ahead of me. I am 226 pounds still. So I am working hard and staying determined. This site has helped me achieve and track my goals. It has saved my life

Replies

• judeoconnor66
    judeoconnor66 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic to have lost so much weight and while you are still young. All the best for the rest of your journey.
  • andygcc30
    andygcc30 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Keep going well done.
  • anovak1009
    anovak1009 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • mckenzienatosha
    mckenzienatosha Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. I wish everyone the best of luck!
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Well done :)
  • jontucc
    jontucc Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Well done! Your kids will benefit from this too :)
  • kaischu
    kaischu Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! Keep pushing :smile:
  • cjriddick
    Options
    Awesome and well done! My goal also is to be healthier for my family!! Here's to good health
  • determined24girl
    determined24girl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • mizzzc
    mizzzc Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    that's great! Not many people would change even after the visit to the doctors or the hospital. Keep on going! It'll come off and you'll be on top of the world :)
  • JeddersJunior
    JeddersJunior Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Absolutely brilliant, well done you. I truly believe once people realise its not a diet and its a change in lifestyle, it all seems a little easier!
  • mckenzienatosha
    Options
    I agree it does seem a bit easier knowing that this is a lifestyle change and not just a diet. Gotta get your mind right!
  • beachbum4044
    beachbum4044 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    perfect outlook, lifestyle, not a diet. Great job on your progress!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • mckenzienatosha
    Options
    Good luck everyone!
  • tgordo296
    tgordo296 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great job! I wonder if you noticed an immediate change in your sugar?
  • mariamathsgeek
    mariamathsgeek Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Well done!!! Good Luck with getting your health back and achieving your goals. It must have been a shock to find out your health was at risk at such a young age.
  • stukupuku
    stukupuku Posts: 10
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Wow, well done. I really think that losing weight is about genuinely changing the relationship one has with the food they eat and understanding that their body needs them to respect it.

Keep up the good work, you can do it girl :)
  • dz9412
    dz9412 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Amazing story and great job. Can't wait to hear updates!
  • mckenzienatosha
    Options
    I really appreciate all the support. And once I started losing weight I did see an immediate change in my sugar. It stays between 85-110 nowadays. My whole relationship with food has changed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!