Why am I scared

Options
2»

Replies

• lisamarie1227
    Options
    wow, you sound just like me. to be at the healthy weight at my height i need to lose 100. i haven't told anyone that either ---until this post anyway. i think it's because if i find that i can't lose that much...i fear everybody will think i'm a failure and i really don't want people judging me. i don't think it is because i am trying to hide the numbers actually...i think it is just that i am no confident enough in myself that i can achieve it. i hope it helps you to know someone is right there with you. :flowerforyou:
  • MMieure
    MMieure Posts: 48
    Options
    I had 105 to lose to get to my ultimate goal weight. I keep trying to change that number to 85. I am scared that I won't be able to maintain my weight loss. I am freaked out by how far I have to go. I am in it for the long run now. I can do it. I have a really slow metabolism. I know that once I get to my goal weight I will ALWAYS have to watch what I am eating. I will probably only be able to eat about 1500 calories a day to maintain. I LOVE food. I hate that some people can eat what ever they want and not gain an ounce. That is how I got myself into this mess. I have to give up the junk food and step on the scale all the time. I think it is like telling a man that he can only have sex once a month. I am ready to change but it is so hard. I am not a health nut. I would rather have a snicker bar then a granola bar any day. I hate that I have to give it up and think about watching what I eat for the rest of my life but you know what? Even when I was not watching what I ate I was still thinking about my weight for every second of every day. It has stopped me from living my life the way I want. So I guess giving up junk food and gaining a life is a fair trade!
  • Big_Dancer
    Big_Dancer Posts: 17
    Options
    Also loving the 10 lbs 10 times!
  • tobitude
    tobitude Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    We are programmed to think that the way we are is soooo bad and it is not to be talked about, admiting it makes you see through other peoples eyes and it is not always a pretty picture in our heads.

You were able to admit it and that is a huge step in the process of changing your life.

I have tried to lose weight many for many years and have not understood the " I can't beleive I am full and still losing weight" until I came here.

You are doing a great thing and don't think of it as a diet, think of it as getting healthy and it starts to take on it's own weight in your life.

What we did before now is comfortable and of course change is always a scary thing, but just think about how you will be glad to look back and say "I lost 100 lbs". That statement is not as scary.

You can do this and this is the place to do it, we are all here for you!!!
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Be honest with yourself, if no one else. that is the most important. You dont have to tell ANYONE what you want or need to lose....just that you are. If they ask, politely say 10 lbs at a time and that you are reevaluating your goal with every 10lbs you lose.

And if it makes you feel better, make it 99 lbs. =}
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Instead of thinking about what you lose by losing those pounds, think about what you have to gain. For every 10% of your body weight that you lose, you cut your heart attack and stroke risk by 50%. For every additional 10%, it's another cut of 50% in your risk. That's Huge!

We all have friends and family that we want to be around for, and thinking about those gains always motivates me. Perhaps you will find that it motivates you as well.

You can do this!!
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I glad to know I'm not the only one that feels this way! I love this place, I've never felt like I'm on on a diet, I just have place to talk to people and get great advice :-)
  • BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    "To thine own self, be true."
  • NAMsMommy
    NAMsMommy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I try to set 10% mini goals. Like right now I am 182 and I am aiming for 179, the next of my 10% goal. Then after that I am making a goal of 17lbs. =) Small bites. You will get there!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    you can do this!!! Try mini-goals, rather than thinking about the entire journey...