4th Weigh in, celebrating the non-scale victories

Options
I am heading into my 4th weigh in today, and want to take a minute to celebrate the non-scale victories. I have a feeling my numbers wont be as high as my last 2 weigh ins, but i still want to reflect and reward myself for the last 2 weeks of really hard work!

- my fitness has increased immensely, I was able to run 60 minutes last night, something I've not been able to do for years. I am able to complete 4 consecutive "shredmill" workouts, and have increased my speeds to 4.0 walking, 5.4 jogging, and 6.1 sprinting. I will increase these speeds by .1 the next two weeks.
- my clothes are starting to fit looser, i am able to wear shirts pants and undergarments that have been too small since around November.
- the way i think about food is better, i look at it as fuel, not enjoyment. i used to eat out of emotion or boredom, now i eat for fueling and energy.

no matter what the scale says today, i am proud of my 8 week journey so far. cheers to the next 2 weeks of achievements! what are you proud of from your past two weeks?!

Replies

• Serendipity5215
    Serendipity5215 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Those are great NSVs!! Running for 60 minutes is a major accomplishment! :)
  • tomsarno
    tomsarno Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Don't become a slave to the scale. I found a shirt that was so snug that it was unwearable. Every time I put it on, it was a little looser. One day that shirt was so baggy that I could no longer use it. Keep your eye on increased performance and health and body shape will follow. Making your goal in life to move the scale needle will only make you look like "Starvin' Marvin"

Congrats with the 'shredmill' wish I could do that.

• Kittens08
    Kittens08 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    That's amazing. Great job sister!
  • coueswhitetail
    coueswhitetail Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Improving fitness is a great NSV!!
  • keshabbaker
    keshabbaker Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I love it! Lifestyle is what it's all about.
  • AllAboutThatSpace
    AllAboutThatSpace Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Good job on the NSV keep pursuing what makes you happy!
  • savannahdougherty7
    Options
    Thanks everyone :-) I lost 5 pounds at my weigh in.. 25 pounds in 40 days I am very proud I have worked so hard and have been really focusing on the lifestyle balance. I will continue to learn and grow, but it's these biweekly posts and feedback from mfpals that really keeps me going! You guys are awesome, thank you for celebrating with me. To the next 2 weeks !! Make them count !
  • Birdy
    Birdy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the discipline and the payoff!
  • gems1313
    gems1313 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Yus!! Well done sweet!! Xx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!