Resistance bands to use with WII

ttmaiolo
ttmaiolo Posts: 14
edited September 27 in Fitness and Exercise
I've gone through 2 resistance bands already for my WII and am trying to find some more to buy. I don't know why they keep snapping but the red one that came with ea sports snapped and I sent it in for another one. I then bought a kit on amazon that contained a bunch of stuff and a green band and that one snapped. I am now on the replacement red one but sometimes it feels like it will snap at anytime.

Most of the ones I see on Amazon have the big handles and you can't use them and hold the WII remote and numchuk at the same time. Does anyone know where I can buy some that have those 'soft' handles? Or has anyone just tried the bands that I see on Amazon that have no handles and been able to use them with the Wii remote?

Thanks,
Tracey

Replies

• ttmaiolo
    ttmaiolo Posts: 14
    Just bumping this up in case there's people on here now that might be able to answer that weren't on this morning!
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    I bought Pilates bands and use those. They are more resistance and I get more benefit. They aren't as long so sometimes instead of my foot, I have to hold them on a chair leg to get more height of of them, but I bought a set of 3 and started with the lowest resistance and have since increased to the highest. I use the Wii only for fun not exercise though but as a beginner, you may find it enough for you.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Get a nylon strip and tie them though the handle loops (the part that connects the rubber with the big handle). Easy enough then to hold the Wii remotes and the resistance bands... and get a higher resistance. Those red ones have no "pull" to them.
This discussion has been closed.