Binge eating

Options
2»

Replies

• elisabeisme
    elisabeisme Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I am a binge eater too. Like you, I get the urge to eat, but it's not actual physical hunger. It's more of a want to put something in my mouth / chew something / feel food in my throat want.

For me, it's been an "ah-ha" to figure out that the urge to binge feels different than actual hunger. That meant the nutrition solutions (eat more protein, balance cals, etc) don't work for me. I have to do a mental fix. I've identified that I binge when I'm avoiding something and when I'm tired, but most often from work and family frustrations. For me, the solution is another self-soothing activity: a bath, a workout, a manicure, engaging in one of my hobbies, playing with my cat, buying something online, or even organizing something in my house to make me feel in control.
  • kateangel2312
    kateangel2312 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm really suffering with binge eating, just the past few months. Feel like I'm stuck in a big hole and I can't escape. I eat to the point of being uncomfortably full :'(
  • kateangel2312
    kateangel2312 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    uvi5 wrote: »
    Mm. I don't know if this will help you. Its a bit wacky. But a while ago I started setting alarms on my phone for meal and snack times to keep me from mindlessly eating. If the alarm hasn't gone off, I'm not allowed to eat and only allowed to drink water/coffee/tea. Its helped me.

Hey that's clever. What a good idea. I so far (only 1.5 weeks in) have not had an issue with this, but if I start to I will remember this:)

Great tip, I will try this
  • brookekato
    brookekato Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I understand completely! I do the same thing. I had lost so much weight, and after the beginning of the year, I gained all of it back (all 15 pounds! plus some!). I'm always so upset and angry at myself but I always say "tomorrow is a new day" so I can just start fresh the next day.