Morning, just got my first ever tub of protein. Do any of you guys use it ?

Options
I weigh 180 pounds so going to use this to help keep my protein levels up. Never used it before

Replies

• evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I mix some in my morning oatmeal.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    - Make whey shakes.... use milk or almond milk for a tastier / thicker shake, or just use water.

-Use a scoop of whey with 1 cup almond milk, 1 cup cold coffee, and some ice.... blend it and you have a coffee / whey shake (very good actually)

-1 scoop whey into your favorite greek yogurt

-Make protein cheesecakes, or mugcakes. Recipes can be found online.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I put it in water if I know I'm not going to make my protein goal for the day. Shakes are fun but usually too high calorie for me.
  • monikker
    monikker Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    That coffee shake sounds delicious, like a protein frappé
  • scaryg53
    scaryg53 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Iove putting my protein in an iced black coffee. I only do have a serving of mine though, 220 calories is a lot when you only eat 1200 a day.
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    I mix mine in warm almond milk. Tastes like the greatest hot chocolate ever. And I get to drink one every day!
  • Saab_2015
    Saab_2015 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    wow thanks guys for ideas will try them all but not on the same day :)
  • JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    cblue315 wrote: »
    I mix mine in warm almond milk. Tastes like the greatest hot chocolate ever. And I get to drink one every day!
    Thats a great idea! Thanks
  • MisRka
    MisRka Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Try it with a frozen banana!
  • Saab_2015
    Options
    I found mfp telling me off for not eating enough calories as I excercised and had protein shake. I think I need to make sure I don't miss lunch today. Kept me full so far so good
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I usualy just mix mine with water but on Sunday mornings I make protein pancakes :)
  • gothomson
    gothomson Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Yup I use it to supplement my protein intake, its not that high in calories for the protein you get from it. I just mix with water but I know others that use milk . Almond milk and some mix it in with plain yogurt. Its one of the few supplements I use - I'm not a fan of supplements but I did research on it and pretty much all of it came back with a positive for its use.
  • Marchmallow
    Marchmallow Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I put mine in a green smoothie for breakfast:
    1 banana
    handful of frozen berries
    2 handfuls spinach
    1 scoop protein powder
    200 ml water

Chuck in a blender, healthy breakfast smoothie :)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Saab_2015 wrote: »
    I found mfp telling me off for not eating enough calories as I excercised and had protein shake. I think I need to make sure I don't miss lunch today. Kept me full so far so good
    Well MFP and other apps usually over estimate the exercise calories.
    Some people eat back only about half of the calories.
    If you want to add calories to your day, eat nuts or peanut butter or sour cream or any oils --- put them in the shake with your protein powder and you are good.
  • monikker
    monikker Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Sour cream in your protein shake?!
  • Saab_2015
    Options
    I'm getting the side effects of being on an Atkins Diet I think it's just getting use to it have started slowly but natural way was more expensive but better on the immune system I think anyway it's only been a two days lol
  • wfreeman301
    Options
    I would save the shake for post workout. That's the ideal time for whey protein. Eat real food all other times :)
  • Saab_2015
    Options
    I would save the shake for post workout. That's the ideal time for whey protein. Eat real food all other times :)

thanks will give it a go
  • lynndot1
    lynndot1 Posts: 114 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    "Fruity smoothie": 1 cup mixed frozen berries, 1 scoop protein, a handful of spinach, milk or water, and peannut butter if I want the calories

"Frapp": 1 shot of espresso cooled down, 1 shot of milk, 1 scoop chocolate protein, 1 spoonful of peanut butter, ice ice ice, blend it up...frozen banana for a bonus if I have any

If you don't have an espresso machine but don't want too much liquid in your smoothies for coffee I suggest freezing a cup or two of coffee in an ice tray, and pop out as needed :) You get the ice + coffee in one go

I've tried adding it to oatmeal but I can't get it to blend out properly and usually get a chalky taste in some bites so, no thanks haha.

I've also heard you can bake it into things for extra protein (like into brownies and such) but never tried it.