varied exercise times

Options
jcl1981
jcl1981 Posts: 60 Member
i try to exercise 5 times a week, and take two rest days that are split up. I work out 30 minutes on the days i have to work which is usually 4, and 1 hour the days i don't work which is usually two. The reason i only do 30 minutes on work days is partly because of time constraints but also because i work an intensely active job as a nursing assistant which involves pretty much dead lifting 10-15 patients twice a day, and showering around 4 of them all while being on my feet for 8 hours walking up and down hallways. My question is, is this enough exercise. On exercise days i do the treadmill for 1 hour and increase my incline by 1% every 1/4 mile until i reach 10% for the last half mile. It shows i burn around 500 calories, then i do some light weight lifting for about 10 minutes, mostly upper body. On work days it is basically the same except i squeeze that into 30 minutes. burning about 250-300 calories. I eat around 1550 calories a day , high in lean protein, fruits and veggies, fresh of course, light carbs, and lots of water. I take multivitamins and CLA. I am not aiming for fast weight loss but long term health and maybe a little muscle, am i on the right track?

Replies

• MasterSpater
    MasterSpater Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You may be eating too few calories. If you take in 1550 calories of food and burn 500, you're only leaving yourself 1050 calories to sustain yourself, that may be pushing it. As long you eat back your exercise calories you'll be fine