Does your face get slimmer as you lose weight?

Options
I am just wondering because my face is chunky...My face was slim before but since I have gained weight I have a chubby face...really chubby. I was wondering as you lose weight can it get slimmer? If I were to lose 50 lbs will my face get slimmer?

Replies

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the person, but for me my face changes a lot with my weight. I actually gained weight on purpose to start out with bc I don't like my long horsey face and wanted to round it out a bit.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Mine does. My face never gets particularly fat (my weight gain has been due to pregnancy) but as I lose the weight, it gets more defined. If I start to get too thin my face starts to look gaunt, which is when I know not to lose anymore!
  • kismea
    kismea Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Yes, you should see changes in your face - fat is fat, it doesn't matter where it is. If you lose fat you lose fat :)
  • futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Yep. However, fat placement is genetic and everyone is different. So yeah with 50 lbs it'll slim down for sure! No idea how slim you'd like it to be, and you can't control it to that degree.

And you may also see it come off weirdly! Mine slims down noticeably around when I get just into the healthy weight range. And slims down too much for my liking if I were to get near the bottom of my healthy weight range. But it never feels gradual to me, it sort of seems to click at those points.
  • many_splendored
    many_splendored Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    If it goes up with your weight, it'll go down with your weight.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    i wish i could show u my old drivers license photo! huge difference! some people see it in theyre face before any where else!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Mine did...but I'll always have chubby cheeks, it's the way my face is ...that said my eyes got much bigger again and that surprised me
  • takeflightwren
    takeflightwren Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yes. Body fat accumulation occurs under the skin all over, including the face. Some people have "trouble" spots where accumulation appears more prominently. The first time I lost weight everyone who first noticed saw the loss in my face before the rest of me. I also found that lifting weights works the face muscles when we push hard and make the funny 'lifting' faces. This actually works and firms the facial muscles. 50 lbs is my weight loss goal. I have dropped 11 so far and I can already see a difference in my face.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I am just wondering because my face is chunky...My face was slim before but since I have gained weight I have a chubby face...really chubby. I was wondering as you lose weight can it get slimmer? If I were to lose 50 lbs will my face get slimmer?

If it was slim before you gained weight then when you lose weight you will most likely slim down in your face again.
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    That's the first place that people notice weight loss on me. I've also looked at a LOT of before / after pictures of people who have lost tons of weight successfully and the most amazing thing to me is how their faces stay the same yet slim down and change. You should definitely include face shots in your progress pictures :smile:
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I have lost 10% of my body weight and I am starting to see more definition in my cheekbones. It took a while to see it but it's definitely there now.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    My face changed a lot even with the first 25 lbs lost.
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    My face is always the first place I notice weight change. If I was gaining, my cheeks would chub out and my double chin would be more noticeable; since starting to lose weight, my face chub was the first thing to go. My cheekbones became more visible, my double chin less so, my whole face generally looked slimmer and people noticed very quickly. Weight loss location is different for everyone of course, but loads of people seem to report noticeable loss of weight on their face first; then again, that could simply be because our faces tend to be the part of ourselves we look at and scrutinise the most!
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Yeah, should do. I mean mine did, and my double chin basically up and left also.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    ui3hltlkuo8g.jpg
    a6ckpiwai835.jpg
    this is about a 40lb difference. i think u can probably notice!
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Overall yes, but it's also genes.

If you started out with a slender face, then you can expect it to come back. But if you're like me.. I've always had the familial chipmunk cheeks, even at my skinniest. Honestly, I don't mind - I can see those exact cheeks in pictures going back at least to the 1800s! Kinda soothing in a weird way.

• tflyswagg
    tflyswagg Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My face is actually the first place I can visibly tell if i am gaining or losing weight. If your face was slim before it will be slim again, even losing less than 50lbs I'm sure youll notice. Stay Away from sodium as much as possible if anything that will help your face not look so chunky!
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Mine does. I have a fairly oval face that's longer than it is wide. When I'm overweight, I get extra chins and my face looks pudgy, so yes, it's quite noticeable -- to me and to others. But some people naturally have rounder faces even when they're slim. We're all different.
  • Abby2205
    Abby2205 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Yes your face gets slimmer as you lose weight, unless it doesn't. I've lost 20 pounds (from 141 to 121). By most objective measures I look very slim, but I have a big square face that carries fat in the lower half, and I only see a subtle loss of fat under my chin, and the barest hint of new definition below my cheekbones. Bummer. I cannot try to lose any more fat, my collarbones could cut people, but I've still got jowls.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    Yes. It was the first place I saw weight loss. And it has slimmed down more as I have lost more. The features are now much more defined.