fitness tracker help!!!

Options
Ok so
I decided to get proactive with my health and I'm using my fitness pal and I need a tracker that works with my fitness pal and my Samsung note 4 helppp

Replies

• kiousd
    kiousd Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. My wife uses a fit bit but I'm kinda leaning towards something that looks a Lil tougher. I work construction and I don't want to be replacing them bands all the time. But she works at an office so her wrist bands last about 6 months.
  • Bklynsouth76
    Bklynsouth76 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yeah and fitbit doesn't show it supports note 4 although it supports the previous models. There's also garmin
  • grantevans11
    grantevans11 Posts: 114 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    What sort of exercise are you trying to record? Cardio or strength training?

Edit - Sorry misread post, disregard my comment.
  • greenmm25
    greenmm25 Posts: 175 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I got a fit flex bit this week and loving it, it works with my galaxy s5 and auto syncs with myfitness pal, I have also ordered my husband one too
  • Bklynsouth76
    Options
    I need something that will sync with the note 4 and is a good tracker not so much a smartwatch
  • kiousd
    Options
    The wife's worked with her note 3 and I phone but I didn't even think about it not working with different phones. I'll hafta keep that in mind.
  • Bklynsouth76
    Options
    yeah because there's a list of compatible phones and I knowyeah because there's a list of compatible phones and the note 4 isn't one, but some say yes
  • kiousd
    Options
    I haven't done any research yet. Actually I just started mfp 4 days ago. All I know is what the wife has said. I hope this app at least keeps me motivated but I think a fitness tracker will help as well.
  • sp940
    sp940 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Check out the Microsoft band.
  • kiousd
    Options
    I am looking at the fit bit page and it says it's compatible with all Samsung s4
  • Bklynsouth76
    Options
    kiousd wrote: »
    I am looking at the fit bit page and it says it's compatible with all Samsung s4

Yeah , but I own the note 4.
  • Bklynsouth76
    Options
    sp940 wrote: »
    Check out the Microsoft band.

Do you have any experience with the msft traker?
  • sp940
    sp940 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Not yet since a Microsoft site isn't near me. But I've been researching since December and I feel like you get the most bang for your buck with that one.
    The basis peak looks good too but no mfp connection
  • bettybing1
    bettybing1 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I know the Jawbone fitness trackers use an app which is supported by android and thus I assume usable on your Note. They've got several types as well - I got the cheapest, clip-on one (£40) which is enough for me right now and reasonably accurate i'd say. It syncs with MFP and load of other apps like Map My Fitness.
  • P0PTART
    P0PTART Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I've got the Garmin Vivofit & it syncs with my note & my galaxy s4 phone. I work at an animal hospital & it's held up against a Pitt bull bite. I like that it's got all the info on it so I can track without having to always upload to my phone.
  • Bklynsouth76
    Options
    Ok i went with the fitbit charge without the Hr monitor being that all reviews say most ,wrist worn HR are not off and I figured since my note 4 already has one I don't need it. I wanted the Microsoft band ,but it's not available on bestbuy. Thank you all!! :D
  • leslieschoenle
    leslieschoenle Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I own the Microsoft Band and it's amazing. The only downfall that I have found is the clasp to hold it on is loose and have already had to send it in to get replaced and it's big so it's not something that works well at a desk job where your wrists are constantly on the desk.