Why am I not losing weight - I've hit a wall

Options
2»

Replies

• MickeyCastello
    Options
    I did not experience this in my journey. However, I read that if you plateau, vary your intake up and down for a few days. Supposedly, this confuses the body by breaking the routine, and weight loss will resume. Again, this isn't from practical experience, but it sounded good anyway.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I'm a 5"8 woman, 140lbs and I'm losing on 1330 calories.
    OP don't burn yourself out..
  • dieter1200
    dieter1200 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I think the none medically supervised diets are set at lowest 1500 calorie for men and 1200 for women, from what I have read. So I don't recommend staying below that for too long. Good luck to you.
  • bloated_fatty
    bloated_fatty Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I scaled down to 1400 because I figured like everyone I was going to under-estimate my calorie intake by at least 200. I think with a scale I'll try for exactly 1700. I have to lose at least 20 more lbs by April, doctor's orders. If I can do that I'll be satisfied.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    dear Bloated fatty Consider changing your user name-and the way you think about yourself. How about Greek God 2B or tallnslim or shrinkingman?

Self talk is important so set yourself up for success! 20 lbs gone already-you've got this!
  • bloated_fatty
    Options
    I picked this user name A) because I thought it was funny and B) I want to lose enough weight so that it becomes ironic rather than insulting.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    I picked this user name A) because I thought it was funny and B) I want to lose enough weight so that it becomes ironic rather than insulting.

Honestly, it's a bit offensive.
  • bloated_fatty
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

Honestly, it's a bit offensive.

That's fine if a bit opinionated to think that but years ago on the BBC there was a cooking show called "Two Fat Ladies" - was that offensive too? I didn't think so, because they were both in on the joke.