My two main reasons for doing this, what's yours?

Options
I'm 31 and knock on wood have zero health problems! Never broken a bone, needed glasses or even had a small health scare despite carrying an extra 80 lbs. I have supported friends going through some pretty serious health issues. I am realizing that my body has been so good to me and taken care of me, so it's time to return the favor. I want to nourish my body with what it needs so it will continue to show me love. I believe in eating real food and breaking a sweat.

The second reason, who doesn't want to look better naked?

Join me in this, we can motivate each other. What's your reason for commiting to MFP?

Replies

• ellie0213
    ellie0213 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    True. True. Motivating friends are always a big help. Friend request sent.
  • futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I love your attitude :)

My main reason can also be summed up as taking better care of myself. For me, a regular fitness routine drastically improves mental health, energy, general ability to be a part of life and enjoy it.

The second, currently far distant and on a slow-to-no progress while I prioritize the first, reason could also be summed up as wanting to look better! Or to look a certain way. Life takes a toll, and I have like a body happy place that I'm trying to get to. Or get back to. :)
  • KateLouiseS
    KateLouiseS Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks ellie0213!
  • I'm 31 and knock on wood have zero health problems! Never broken a bone, needed glasses or even had a small health scare despite carrying an extra 80 lbs. I have supported friends going through some pretty serious health issues. I am realizing that my body has been so good to me and taken care of me, so it's time to return the favor. I want to nourish my body with what it needs so it will continue to show me love. I believe in eating real food and breaking a sweat.

The second reason, who doesn't want to look better naked?

Join me in this, we can motivate each other. What's your reason for commiting to MFP?

• I love your positivity and passion for a healthier life style. My two main reason are very similar. You seem to gain more self confidence when your looking and feeling healthier and more trim than yesterday. Also, just to have self control over your body is always a plus. God bless!
  • KateLouiseS
    Options
    I love your attitude :)

My main reason can also be summed up as taking better care of myself. For me, a regular fitness routine drastically improves mental health, energy, general ability to be a part of life and enjoy it.

The second, currently far distant and on a slow-to-no progress while I prioritize the first, reason could also be summed up as wanting to look better! Or to look a certain way. Life takes a toll, and I have like a body happy place that I'm trying to get to. Or get back to. :)

@futureman Thanks! I agree about the regular workouts! what kind of fitness routine are you doing?
  • KateLouiseS
    Options
    @terressaexquisitlybeautiful‌ thanks! I love how you said mentioned feeling healthier than yesterday, a good reminder to take it one day at a time!
  • worknotwelfair
    Options
    I am 32 and have 5 kids. B4 kids never broke 115 lb. now after kids I weighed in at 149.

Reason 1) I love my kids and I want to be an active mom and show them they are more important than eating whatever I want.

reason 2) to look good for my 10 year anniversary trip.
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    1) Vanity; I hate how my belly overhangs my hip bones. 2) Health; my feet hurt and my blood pressure is borderline. I don't want hypertension and I don't want to carry this much weight around.
  • KateLouiseS
    Options
    @worknotwelfair‌ great motivation! I have a trip coming up also, at my halfway to goal, I'm getting scuba certified and have been paying myself $10/lb for my vaca spending money. Thanks for your reply!
  • KateLouiseS
    Options
    @2snakeswoman‌ thanks for sharing! Two great reasons
  • ByeByeBouncy
    ByeByeBouncy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My two main reasons: 1) I've always felt inspired by powerful, athletic women. When chicks kick *kitten* I feel so pumped and wish I could be strong like that!
    2) I'm starting to get my life together. New job, new car, saving up for my own place, working out! I want to live up to my full potential and be healthy, happy, and attractive.

Anyone who is a positive person that just wants some extra support can add me. I log daily! :)
  • KateLouiseS
    Options
    @resourceciara‌ me too! Strong/healthy is the new skinny. Let's kick **** together, request sent
  • durrrell9
    Options
    Newbie. 1st post. Numerous health issues demand I lose weight. 2nd reason is am single and would like to find a soulmate or at least a companion to enjoy life.
  • KateLouiseS
    Options
    @durrrell9‌ thanks for sharing your first post with us! I'm single too and my skinny friends tell me weight shouldn't matter, but if you're not comfortable in your skin, it does make a difference! Best of luck on your journey
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Less pain in my lower back and knees.
  • durrrell9
    Options
    Yeah when I'm overweight I'm always relegated to the friends zone.
  • BootCampC
    BootCampC Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I wanted to go on vacation but the freight rates to ship me over 200 lbs is way too much so I figure I can do ups at 185lbs much more affordable
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Health is my only reason: I don't want to get diabetes; I don't want to get knee surgery; I want to get rid of high blood pressure. I want to be healthy.
  • BootCampC
    BootCampC Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    and when I come out of the box I want to look good in my speedo swimsuit