Cravings!

Options
Hi everybody!
I just wanted to share the strangest craving I've been having lately. Banana pepper rings!!! I want them on EVERYTHING!!! haha. (Coming from someone that never craves anything really, it has really confused me.) I've read articles that claim your body is needing certain nutrients when such happens but i'm not sure if i really believe in it. I'm really curious, what are all of your thoughts??? What do you crave???

Replies

• Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I love banana pepper rings so much. o: I've been craving applesauce. Fortunately, the love the unsweetened variety, so I could indulge in mass quantities.
  • PoisonIvy088
    Options
    Nothing in particular at the moment. Although I'm sure later in the week it will be dairy (milk, cheese, yoghurt, ice cream ect). Because TOM.
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Nothing in particular at the moment. Although I'm sure later in the week it will be dairy (milk, cheese, yoghurt, ice cream ect). Because TOM.

I don't like eggs on a regular basis but the other night I really wanted an omelette, so I made one next morning.

I had the monthly ravenous cravings issue yesterday. So I stuffed myself silly with fresh veggies, meat, and eggs so I wouldn't even be slightly tempted to head for the cookie aisle. It worked. I gave my body what it needed instead of what my brain said it wanted.
  • PoisonIvy088
    Options
    Jolinia wrote: »

I don't like eggs on a regular basis but the other night I really wanted an omelette, so I made one next morning.

I had the monthly ravenous cravings issue yesterday. So I stuffed myself silly with fresh veggies, meat, and eggs so I wouldn't even be slightly tempted to head for the cookie aisle. It worked. I gave my body what it needed instead of what my brain said it wanted.

I'm sure I have some sort of severe calcium shortage around that time. All I crave is dairy dairy dairy. I even crave whey protein. :confused: and I usually drink fat free milk, because full cream is too creamy. Around that time I just crave full cream all the time.

Last month, on one day, all I litterally ate was yoghurt. 500grams at every meal. So in total, 1.5kg of yoghurt... Hahaha
  • bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I find if I have a craving it is better to have what I really want than to ignore it. Lucky for you what you are craving is not too bad. My cravings are usually for sweat things and high calorie food like pizza. I do limit the serving size and track what I eat. the longer I am on MFP the better I get at handling cravings
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options

I'm sure I have some sort of severe calcium shortage around that time. All I crave is dairy dairy dairy. I even crave whey protein. :confused: and I usually drink fat free milk, because full cream is too creamy. Around that time I just crave full cream all the time.

Last month, on one day, all I litterally ate was yoghurt. 500grams at every meal. So in total, 1.5kg of yoghurt... Hahaha

Hey, could be. I crave ice cream sometimes. No wait, never mind, somewhere in the back of my mind there is always part of me wanting ice cream!

I gave in and started supplementing when I went back to low carb. I take calcium with D and a multivitamin rather than risk bone health issues. Hey, I'm a klutz who trips on sidewalk lint, I can't be having with weak bones!
  • PoisonIvy088
    Options

Hey, could be. I crave ice cream sometimes. No wait, never mind, somewhere in the back of my mind there is always part of me wanting ice cream!

I gave in and started supplementing when I went back to low carb. I take calcium with D and a multivitamin rather than risk bone health issues. Hey, I'm a klutz who trips on sidewalk lint, I can't be having with weak bones!

Me too. I fall over my own feet all the time, much to the amusement of all other people. My good deed for the day. Making them laugh. ;)
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    My true cravings generally are healthier ones and I give in to them. Even when pregnant, I never craved anything crazy or unhealthy. Well, one crazy craving might be when I was pregnant with the twins, I would get the gallon jug of milk and drink straight from it and down the whole thing standing in front of the fridge LOL. I'm not a milk drinker at all...I just let it happen figuring I needed the calcium and fat.

I mostly crave peppers of all types, sweet and hot. I eat a lot of peppers. And cheese.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I have 4 blueberry scones that might not make it to tomorrow.
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I've been craving turkey bacon. Luckily we have some :) I consider it a pretty good snack. I like regular bacon too, but I had the specific craving for turkey bacon.
  • Contrary03
    Contrary03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    I have 4 blueberry scones that might not make it to tomorrow.
    Haha.. too funny! I was just shopping and it was hard to walk past the table of freshly made turnovers.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Funny you should mention turnovers. I made some last night that I don't see lasting very long!
  • laurahickman14
    laurahickman14 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    One step at a time - looking to make more friends and share lots of motivation and tips with you all - the more friends the happier!
  • satisfyingmyinnerfatkid
    satisfyingmyinnerfatkid Posts: 43 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    McDonald's LOL

But if you mean "healthier cravings" that I'm currently addicted to picking up at the store: That stupid Dannon Desserts Creamery thing that tastes like bad for you cheesecake, chocolate chips.. I can actually eat (1) 15 gram serving of them without flinching for more, and these fried pickles in the frozen food aisle which aren't really fried.. you cook them in the oven. I need to get/make some yogurt dressing for them!!!

My actual healthy cravings are usually for a certain kind of fruit every so often, cottage cheese, or lightly salted and roasted cashews.