Goodbye wine...I'll miss you

Options
It is very hard for me to have just one glass of wine, so until I lose 10 lbs, no more wine. Are there any other "winos" out there?

Replies

• allison1983weber
    allison1983weber Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    lol, YES!!! I have had 2 glasses in 53 days...such a sad sad state I am in! It's ok because the weight is coming off!
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I need to adapt this rule too! I love wine.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I love my glass of wine, I just make it work into my calories for the day if I can. :smiley:
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I love my wine as well as other spirits. I don't plan on giving them up for now.
  • Smallc10
    Smallc10 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I can't give up my wine. I'd rather have the extra 5-10 pounds, lol. I go through phases of a glass a night to no wine for 4 weeks but that's due to my rotating shift at work. For me giving up wine wouldn't be able to be a permanent thing so I won't do it. I did give up soda though! That was really hard, but I'm glad I did it.
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Silly - prelog your wine and work your calories around it.
  • WendyFlynn
    WendyFlynn Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I made a way for wine to fit into my weekly calorie budget.....If I had a bottle I would cut back by 90 calories per day :) If I had more I would seriously have a hang over
  • shattrdillusion
    Options
    sjaplo wrote: »

this! although I've been known to have my wine and get on the elliptical afterwards!
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    I collect wine... not lots.. BUT a few bottles...at the moment I believe I have around 60... Hmmm that's like 5 cases... the good thing... is I only open a bottle about every 2-3 months... when I reach for a bottle it could be a 50 dollar bottle or a $500.00 dollar bottle... SO I am very picky about what and when I op-en a bottle... :)
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    I haven't had wine since New Year Eve :(. I've had beer since so I don't know why i'm torturing myself.
  • Atarahh
    Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Try the skinny wines. Skinny Vine moscato is delicious and only 95 calories per 5 oz. I felt drunk off one glass!
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    How are you going to drink it once you lose the weight? If you don't find a balance now, how will things change? Calories still count after you hit your goal weight.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Greenbomb wrote: »
    It is very hard for me to have just one glass of wine, so until I lose 10 lbs, no more wine. Are there any other "winos" out there?
    I replaced it with a nightly kombucha for the time being. It's a surprisingly good substitute.

• thismamarox
    thismamarox Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have to give up alcohol for a little while also. Its just one of those things that I cannot do in moderation. My one glass turns into 4. I am a much better weight maintainer than loser when alcohol is involved. The last 2 weekends for me have pointed that out pretty clearly. I just need to buckle down and lose the weight, and then enjoy a couple of glasses of wine here and there when my calories allow it. 1300 calories a day is not enough to factor in my wine right now :(
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »
    I love my glass of wine, I just make it work into my calories for the day if I can. :smiley:

Me too. I call for the winebulance every Friday.
    Last Thursday Friday called to say she would be over, and she brought wine.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    WINOS ADD ME!!!!
  • jcmichel65
    jcmichel65 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I find I'm more successful when I eliminate wine altogether, because I tend to make better food choices when I'm not drinking wine. And yes, for me too one glass leads to two, which usually leads to late night snacking.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    sjaplo wrote: »

How many calories a day do you "get"?
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Yes! :'(
  • Cladf
    Cladf Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Fellow wino here...I struggle to have just one glass (and that's a large one, at that!) and I end up making terrible food choices after a few. I really should try to cut it down - and for me it might be cutting it out completely for a while.