Ladies......

Options
How soon after having your period do you weigh yourselves? When do you find you've had a weightloss or gone back to the weight you were maintaining? I mean I finished Sunday, weighed today (Monday) and it says I've gained half a lb, which I'm pretty sure is waterweight.

Replies

• Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I find that if I weigh in on day five of my cycle (first day of my period being day 1), the bloat from the week before is generally gone. Also, I generally show a loss. (I am aiming for 2# a week. Generally the weigh in before my period, I maintain or have a slight gain. The weigh in 7 days later generally shows approximately a 2# loss, which keeps me at my average.)

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day regardless of TOM. It usually drops off for me about 2-3 days in. But remember that weight loss isn't linear, and there are a variety of factors that can drive your weight up.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily. Usually my weight will go up a pound or two or plateau starting a few days before the start of TOM, and will drop back off once it's over. But I like seeing the patterns and trends.

MOAR DATA!
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    I weigh every day regardless of TOM. It usually drops off for me about 2-3 days in. But remember that weight loss isn't linear, and there are a variety of factors that can drive your weight up.

Wow, weighing everyday is brave lol.

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

Nah, as long as you're aware of the fluctuations and can view the downward trend over time, you're good.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, but only log the losses lololol

I hold about 7-12 pounds of water weight when I'm on my period :(
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

Everyone, regardless of what's going on with them individually, has day to day weight fluctuations. IMO, it's better to be aware of them than to ignore them, only to freak out because a heavy water day happens to hit on designated weigh in day. After a while, you'll be able to tell just by looking at the numbers when your TOM is due, when you're about to have a huge woosh of water weight, and for some people, even when you're ovulating.
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily regardless of where I am in my cycle. For me, it is just information and over the three years of doing this, it has helped me learn what my weight loss cycle looks like compared to my hormonal cycle. I can swing about 5 pounds with my hormones.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I weight myself every day in the morning. That way I can better track how my body fluctuates through the month and how various foods affect my weight. After you do it for a bit you get pretty good at wading through the data and determining which days are outliers for various reasons (your period, high sodium foods, dehydration, etc.)
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    How soon after having your period do you weigh yourselves? When do you find you've had a weightloss or gone back to the weight you were maintaining? I mean I finished Sunday, weighed today (Monday) and it says I've gained half a lb, which I'm pretty sure is waterweight.

I weigh every Sunday- period or not. I log whatever I weigh. I might not see the scale go down until the week after my period.
    Just stick to your plan and keep going.
  • Ellaskat
    Ellaskat Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    It can take me 1-2 weeks to return to pre TOM weight. Frustrating but true. I do weigh daily, but I only log about once a week.
  • LyssaJ1
    LyssaJ1 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I weigh whenever I feel "good enough"...so it might be once a week, might go two weeks. As long as I stick to my goals, this is a lifelong journey anyway. Then again, I'm not "hard core" ~lame chuckle~. It usually takes me a week after cycle to feel human-ish again (versus that of ogre.)
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the comments. I will weigh again tomorrow, if it is not a good result hoping to get down to 9 stone 8 1/2 134.5 or lower, currently 9 stone 9 1/2 so 135.5lb.... then I will weigh again next Monday lol
  • karaboo20
    Options
    I have endometriosis which leads to horrible, almost dibilitating periods. I starts "gaining" weight two days before I actually start, but it always drops off usually plus a lb the day after I stop. I usually just step on the scale once during my period cause I get curious. And I have 8 day periods That are freaking INSANE and I wonder how I don't die each time.