wobbly tummy - quick and easy exercise tips needed!!!

Options
This has probably already been raised in the past, but can anyone give some tips on how best to flatten a very wobbly tummy!?!. I hope to have lost 3 stone by the time I'm done (half way there), and after all that weight, 2 children and the onset of middle age, i need all the help i can get!!! I walk a lot and try and get on the Wii Fit a couple of times a week but don't get much time for anything else!! :tongue:
Thanks!

Replies

• JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know too! After 2 babies and in my late thirties, I'd like to get that flat tummy back!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Clean diet, very clean, and a bunch of cardio and some strength training. There is a saying that "abs are made in the kitchen, not in the gym" Diet is 80% of the equation.
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    Erickirb is exactly right! There is no quick and easy way, no quick fix or anything. Diet and consistency is key! Get a good strength training and cardio routine going and just be patient.
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    reverse crunches, planks, situps bicycles...and of course cardio and a good nutritional plan. I only had one baby but she was over 9 lbs so im trying to follow my own advice :)
  • Bigtunatina
    Bigtunatina Posts: 44
    Options
    I agree with Erik. You can workout all you want but those muscles are going to be laying underneath all that fat. Nutrition is key. I don't even really focus on crunches. Cardio + Strength training and plain ol chicken and veggies
  • adwebster11
    Options
    i have a medicine ball and i find it good to use as well for the abs. i do the crunches with it like 100 times a day and it burns ALOT but i do it! i also had a baby not too long ago and i would love to see a flat tummy again :)
  • jaystacers
    jaystacers Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I used to use something called "the bean" I used to use one and got my weight down from 197 lbs to 178 in just a couple of months. It made my tummy look flatter too. I got mine on clearance at walmart for 19 dollars but when mine got holes in it I quit using the bean (its a blow up thing.) About a week ago I bought another one on ebay for pretty cheap i think around 30 dollars with shipping. Lets see if I can get my weight back down. No matter what you do good luck!
  • decdeddet
    decdeddet Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! well I'm getting there with the diet side of things, so just need to get the cardio/strength bits a bit more focussed!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Clean diet, very clean, and a bunch of cardio and some strength training. There is a saying that "abs are made in the kitchen, not in the gym" Diet is 80% of the equation.

exactly what I was going to say!
  • l3xii
    l3xii Posts: 160
    Options
    whats clean? i keep seeing people say clean eating.... i know i may seem .... slow but what is considered clean eating?
  • decdeddet
    decdeddet Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    My interpretation of it is healthy really - low in the sugar fat and flour type foods....
  • musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    You can do a thousand crunches a day but nothing is going to give you a flat tummy unless you are consistently eating healthy and burning calories through cardio or your workout of choice.