New to keto

Options
Hi everyone! This is my first time trying a forum so all help or direction is appreciated. I just started a Keri diet about 5 days ago and I'm not sure what I think about it. I'm hitting my macros and watching calories, but I feel very fluffy, almost like I'm gaining. I haven't stepped on the scale because I'm scared it will say I'm right. Is this normal at first?

Replies

• jillmarie125
    jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Why are you doing a Keto diet? As far as feeling "fluffy" it could be just water. Are you eating less than you are burning?
  • summersondov
    summersondov Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've been a calorie counter for years, but I'm vegetarian so most of my diet has been carbs. I have been struggling to lose fat, even with working out regularly, so I did some research and decided to give keto a try. With just calorie counting, I always felt hungry and unsatisfied, so I thought keto might allow me to feel more full. I'm definitely burning more than I'm taking in.
  • jillmarie125
    jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Wow. Vegetarian and doing Keto? I wish you luck. I am sure someone who knows what you are going thru will pop in and give you some advice.
  • summersondov
    Options
    Thank you!
  • trump1674
    trump1674 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Never tried Keto but if your looking for food to make you feel full look to eating your good fats mono and poly when calorie counting. There are plenty of good reads online but a lot of pros cons on Keto diet. Wish I could give you more advice on it.

• summersondov
    Options
    trump1674 wrote: »
    Never tried Keto but if your looking for food to make you feel full look to eating your good fats mono and poly when calorie counting. There are plenty of good reads online but a lot of pros cons on Keto diet. Wish I could give you more advice on it.

Thanks! I've felt very full so far. Too much so at times lol