Goodbye wine...I'll miss you

Options

Replies

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    sjaplo wrote: »
    Silly - prelog your wine and work your calories around it.
    And the part about it being hard to stop at her pre-determined amount...? Pre-log a bottle and just forget dinner and plan to spend some years later on in AA? ;)

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    kaseyr1505 wrote: »
    How are you going to drink it once you lose the weight? If you don't find a balance now, how will things change? Calories still count after you hit your goal weight.

In reality, wine calories could be the difference between losing and maintaining, if one has 150-250 calories of wine a night.
  • aislinngg
    aislinngg Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Girl, I am with you.
  • LyssaJ1
    LyssaJ1 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Eh, I'd rather walk/run 5k *and* have my wine...but I usually top-out at two glasses anyway. I've turned into a wine wuss, but I'm good with that. ;)
  • troutrouter
    Options
    Greenbomb wrote: »
    It is very hard for me to have just one glass of wine, so until I lose 10 lbs, no more wine. Are there any other "winos" out there?

I with you on this, except with me it's beer. I generally at least have a 6-pack if I have one. Not to mention it seems to be a trigger for me to eat more.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »
    I love my glass of wine, I just make it work into my calories for the day if I can. :smiley:

Me too. I call for the winebulance every Friday.
    Last Thursday Friday called to say she would be over, and she brought wine.

lmao I've been cheating on wine with beer lately :o
  • ThePilatesPrincess
    ThePilatesPrincess Posts: 25 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I love my wine but I have not had a drop for 4 weeks. I'm not having any refined sugar either but that's a whole other story. I agree it's difficult to have just one glass, it's just so yummy and for me it leads to more snacking or chocolate. Cutting out the wine & sugar has helped me I've been loosing a steady this past month.

My replacement drink has been sparkling water with lime or blood orange in a wine glass to make it more fun :) Also, with all the money I'm saving I'll have more to spend on new clothes!
  • karaboo20
    Options
    It is very hard for me to have just one glass of wine, so until I lose 10 lbs, no more wine. Are there any other "winos" out there?

Ohhhh soo glad to know I'm not the only one. Wine in moderation is impossible for me :-(
  • karaboo20
    Options
    JSurita2 wrote: »
    I love my wine as well as other spirits. I don't plan on giving them up for now.

This has become a big problem for me. We have a bar in our house and like you, I love my wine and spirits. A beer gut on a female is not sexy though. I'm definitely having to take a step back and look at my priorities. My alcohol intake definitely contributes to my weight gain. :-(
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options

It's not so much the wine as the alcohol munchies. And I do like my alcohol a bit too much lately, so I've banished it for a month or three. Don't want to become a lush!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I have seriously cut back on my wine, due to the fact that I can't have just 1 glass either. And my ability to eat like I've never seen food once the first bottle is down lol. If I want a glass of wine, I'll put a low calorie drink in a wine glass and pretend, it makes me feel better ;)
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    My problem is...my particular wine is local, very unique and very sweet. No idea how many calories a glass is. I could have 400 calories with 2 glasses for all I know...and I like to have at least 3 glasses!
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options

How many calories a day do you "get"?

As many as I want and adjust accordingly.

• sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    And the part about it being hard to stop at her pre-determined amount...? Pre-log a bottle and just forget dinner and plan to spend some years later on in AA? ;)

If that's really the issue then the OP has another row to hoe - however her intent was to give up wine until she dropped 10lbs. As another poster pointed out - how will she learn to incorporate wine into her daily life if she doesn't do it while in a defecit?

• ar9179
    ar9179 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    jcmichel65 wrote: »
    I feel your pain. I find I'm more successful when I eliminate wine altogether, because I tend to make better food choices when I'm not drinking wine. And yes, for me too one glass leads to two, which usually leads to late night snacking.

Me too.
    I've given it up for now and it's nice to have that extra money in the bank. Once I'm close to goal I'll incorporate it, but I think I'll stick with having it occasionally instead of frequently.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I just finished up with a bulk and getting serious now about my cut...I've been a bit negligent for about a month and it's time to get on with things. I'm not giving up my alcohol entirely, but I'm definitely cutting way back from what I can drink in maintenance. It's a really easy (but kind of boring) way to cut calories out.

I will have the occasional glass of wine and a few drinks on the weekends and that's about it...also, swearing off all beer until I complete my cut.
  • Greenbomb
    Greenbomb Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    It's interesting...everyone has their vices. For me it's wine...for my neighbor who does bootcamp with me, it's ice cream. Seriously, she has a bowl every night and doesn't care a thing about wine. I on the other hand have not had icecream in years! We're all different.
  • fatblatta
    fatblatta Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    me too...and beer. love beer!
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I have an incredibly hard time having just one beer so I've gone dry Monday through Thursday. On Fridays, Saturdays, and occasionally Sundays all bets are off. I budget to allow the calories but inevitably go over by a few hundred.

I've been losing weight so I'm ok with this plan.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I drink beer, will never give it up. I drink once a week enough beers to catch a buzz is a must. Usually about 4-5 light beers. Once a week won't make that much of a difference.