Sick

Options
is it ok to rest and not workout when I am sick! Or should I still push myself!?

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    What are the symptoms? What do you have?
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    If I feel well enough to work out and it's not anything in my chest then I do. Right now I have a head cold and plan to work out this evening. However, Saturday it was just starting and I was so tired that I skipped my planned workout to rest. You kind of just have to decide for yourself how you're feeling. There is nothing wrong with letting your body rest and recover!
  • tristan17362
    Options
    GRIND!
  • sean1234567891034
    Options
    grind that-sherwin farmabar
  • sean1234567891034
    Options
    real nice grind
  • sean1234567891034
    Options
    make some hot soup and pilee
  • sean1234567891034
    Options
    just remember, what goes around is all around
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Rest. Sleep. Pamper.
  • angelineosborne
    Options
    I have a fever , dizzy , headache, tired, stuffy :(
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

Stay home a rest and research workouts under having a fever.
  • dinosaurparty
    dinosaurparty Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Give your body time to recover. If you push yourself while you're sick, you may find that the symptoms get worse or last longer. Maybe adjust your calorie-intake to compensate for the lack of exercise if you're really worried, but make sure that you eat a lot of healthy foods and stay hydrated :)

• jsobole
    jsobole Posts: 139 Member
    Options

Yeah those symptoms would = no workout for me! Don't need to pass out while working out!
  • angelineosborne
    Options
    Thank you for the advice! I think today I am just going to do some stretching!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    If I don't feel good, I don't work out. Some people really push themselves but I see no need when your body could use the rest.
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Generally if I'm sick I'll switch to eating at maintenance or maintenance+ and take it easy. No extra credit for suffering.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    For me it depends on how I am feeling however I never take my workout to the gym. If I have a cold or stuffy nose I will just walk outside or do some yoga at home away from others. I don't want them to get sick. I don't get sick that often.

I hope you feel better soon!
  • jglovicz
    jglovicz Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My feeling is that if you're sick, your energy should go towards recovery, not working out. If you want to do something, do some gentle stretching or walking. Feel better!