My two main reasons for doing this, what's yours?

Options
2»

Replies

• AmbitiousButRubbish
    Options
    1) To look as good to my wife as she looks to me
    2) Be able to play anything my kids (and some day grand kids) could ever ask me to play
  • AllAboutThatSpace
    AllAboutThatSpace Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    To live a long, healthy life for my wife & son. To be a good role model for my son and having him grow up to want to make healthy choices as well. Also having an awe inspiring figure wouldn't be too bad.
  • her4g63
    her4g63 Posts: 284 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    1.) To look hot as hell for "girl on top" (TMI? whatevs.)
    2.) To gain confidence 'cause confidence is sexy

ETA: I LOVE your positivity (:
  • KateLouiseS
    KateLouiseS Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    @smantha32‌ @njitaliana‌ @AllAboutThatSpace‌ @swansorp09 thanks for sharing your motivation

@bootcampc where are you shipping yourself to?
  • KateLouiseS
    Options
    @sschwark‌ request sent!
  • MrsBSchultz
    MrsBSchultz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow, love your positivity and goals! You seem like an amazing and dedicated woman.
    My overall goal was to become a healthy and fit me. And I've quickly realized how good I can feel with a cleaner diet and an increase in my workout. The harder I work, the more positive I feel.
    Keep up the good work!
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    1) Health. My family's health history sucks, I don't want to see myself going down the road I've seen many of them travel. I want to be able to do things I want to do with ease.

2) My children. They need a good role model - both their father (my ex) and I have struggled with weight and I don't that for them. I'm brutally honest with them about healthy choices and exercise while still allowing them to 'be kids' so-to-speak.

Good luck!
  • kportwood85
    kportwood85 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    It started out because I didn't want diabetes, I wanted to take my son zip lining, and I wanted to look better. But, in November I was diagnosed with MS, and now my legs randomly give out. So, if hubs has to keep picking me up, I may as well make it easy on him.
  • KateLouiseS
    Options
  • BootCampC
    BootCampC Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    @smantha32‌ @njitaliana‌ @AllAboutThatSpace‌ @swansorp09 thanks for sharing your motivation

@bootcampc where are you shipping yourself to?
    any place that customs will not open me up before christmas

• BootCampC
    BootCampC Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Cleveland Ohio sounds like a good place
  • KateLouiseS
    Options
    @bootcampc cleveland in December in a speedo is a horrible idea
  • Darren261
    Darren261 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Awesome attitude towards life! Very inspirational. And my goal was to lose weight and I achieved that goal
  • leeannemoran789
    Options
    BootCampC wrote: »
    I wanted to go on vacation but the freight rates to ship me over 200 lbs is way too much so I figure I can do ups at 185lbs much more affordable

Haha that's too funny

• megandhight
    megandhight Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    It started out because I didn't want diabetes, I wanted to take my son zip lining, and I wanted to look better. But, in November I was diagnosed with MS, and now my legs randomly give out. So, if hubs has to keep picking me up, I may as well make it easy on him.

If you ever need to talk about MS or get the perspective of a child whose mom has MS let me know. My beautiful mom has been kicking MS butt for 17 years .

My 2 reasons to lose weight are 1) to not have to take meds for my type 2 diabetes 2) to get my PCOS under control so we can hopefully have a child in the future.

• DsAdvocate
    DsAdvocate Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    1. I want to be visually comfortable in my own body.
    2. I want to be in better shape. I want to move while I still can and get enjoyment from it.
  • lisazblues
    Options
    My 2 children... That's my main reason... They need me so I need to be healthy and happy....
  • maries4441
    maries4441 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Found out I have a problem with my heart last year, I am 54 and my dad died with an heart problem when he was 58. I was advised to lise weight, I have lost 79lb in just under 12 months and now need to maintain my weight. Good luck to everyone x
  • StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Still love to play golf and don't want to hit like an old man. The other reason I guess is just to say thanks to my body for giving me a healthy life.
  • tricolorkittie
    tricolorkittie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    1) The foods that contribute the most to weight also make me feel awful. They increase my pain, stiffness, lack of energy and general misery. But they are easy, cheap and everywhere. There is to much life ahead of me to give up and I don't see the point in wasting resources living like this. If I'm going to continue on and contribute to the world then I need to be able to enjoy the world and have enough energy to work normally.

2) I don't like looking like this. I could say a thousand other things but that's the truth. I'm blessed to have an amazing partner who loves me without reservation and regardless of my weight but I don't like it and how it makes me feel about interacting with other people.