Possible to lose 10lbs in 21 days?

My birthday is coming up and i'm trying to lose 5lbs at least but I was wondering if it's possible to lose 10lbs during that time and how. Any suggestions?

Replies

• jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Not in an healthy way.
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Possible? certainly. However, unless you're significantly obese, I wouldn't suggest trying. Losing 10lbs in less than a month could be quite an aggressive goal.

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Rather than aiming for losing a certain number by a certain date, why not just make it a life long goal instead? Start now, celebrate whatever progress you've made by your birthday, and keep going! Saying you need to be a certain weight by a certain time often sets us up for disappointing failure if we don't make the goal, or gives us license to quit once the day has passed, no matter how successful we were with the goal.

Be on the right track for this birthday, and resolve that you'll still be on track and just that much more awesome by your next birthday, and every single one after that! B)
  • wonko221
    wonko221 Posts: 292 Member
    edited February 2015
    1 pound is roughly 3,500 kcal. 10 pounds is roughly 35,000 kcal.

To lose 10 lbs in 21 days, you would need to consume roughly 1667 fewer kcal daily than you burn. This is a dangerous idea, likely to be borderline starvation, and could make you seriously ill.

Instead of trying to rush weight loss, i would highly recommend learning about nutrition, and beginning to eat healthily and be active. In time (more than 21 days, but sooner than later), your body will become more fit and healthy.

Edit - that calorie estimate, by the way... not really accurate in a mad-dash toward weight loss. When you start new diet/exercise, your body will need to adjust, and you'll get wonky results. Part of why so many folks look at changing lifestyles instead of setting immediate/short-term goals.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Sure you can but it'll mostly be water and muscle and you will feel like crap....it is an unhealthy amount to lose in that time frame.

Just start eating consistently at a reasonable deficit and the pounds will start shedding.

Good luck.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    10 pounds of fat? Probably not unless you're Biggest Loser episode 1 type weight and workout 8-10 hours a day.

But it is possible to get started now by being in control of your food choices, fueling your body with the protein, veggies, etc. that it needs and creating a healthy deficit.
    lulupizza wrote: »
    My birthday is coming up and i'm trying to lose 5lbs at least but I was wondering if it's possible to lose 10lbs during that time and how. Any suggestions?

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    A quick look at your profile reveals a ticker showing you at about 125 lbs with a goal of 115. There is no way to safely lose 10 pounds that quickly with so little to lose.
  • AmandaLipphardt
    AmandaLipphardt Posts: 80 Member
    Very possible but healthy? Hmmm... I did it by cutting out breads, pasta, rice and white potatoes from my diet and significantly increasing the amount of vegetables and lean proteins that I eat. However, I had a significant amount to loose and the help of a nutritionist to do it. If you do try it note that in the beginning its water weight and you will feel like crap at about a week in but if you can push past it and keep a reasonable work out schedule you'll do it. You'll loose it in the first week and then push for .5 pounds per week after that. Make sure that you are still eating enough!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    According to your ticker, you are on your last 10-15 pounds to lose? Not recommended in your case to try to drop that much in so little time. You would have to restrict calories to a really dangerous level.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    No one will support you on this OP.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    No one will support you on this OP.

Yep. This is asking to feel physically ill and look and act unhealthy, only to probably be disappointed with the results on your birthday. Be good to yourself and set reasonable, sustainable goals - that maybe don't necessary include the number on your scale.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Seems to me we've been down this road with this OP before. Pic seems familiar to me...
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    edited February 2015
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Seems to me we've been down this road with this OP before. Pic seems familiar to me...

She likes hunter X hunter.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    A quick look at your profile reveals a ticker showing you at about 125 lbs with a goal of 115. There is no way to safely lose 10 pounds that quickly with so little to lose.

barney-himym-true-story.gif
  • lulupizza
    lulupizza Posts: 20 Member
    Thanks for the feedback everyone
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    nope

• atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Yes, stop eating and exercise three or four hours a day and hope you don't croak before your birthday :smile:
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    NO.