Healthiest Cereal

Options
Hi everyone. I always have cereal for breakfast, as I'm always in a rush in the morning so need something really quick, and I also love it. I'm just wondering what you think is the healthiest cereal? At the moment I eat special K, but I know it's quite high in sugar so want to switch.

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    The healthiest cereal is the one that fits well into your daily calorie and macronutrient goals.

/thread
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I got fiber one. I got it because I'm trying to get a lot of fiber and 1 cup has 28 g so that's a win for me.
  • DebzNuDa
    DebzNuDa Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Yep. Fiber One (Chocolate) is my favorite. Goes great with banana or/and raspberries and watch the fiber go through the ceiling. I don't really care about the sugar like I do with protein and fiber.
  • dogsarebears
    dogsarebears Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I like kashi go lean, there are a couple varieties but the basic one has red trim on the box. Has 13g of protein in a cup which is huge for cereal. I tend not to go for the other varieties of go lean since they have chicory root in them which upsets my stomach.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I like kashi go lean, there are a couple varieties but the basic one has red trim on the box. Has 13g of protein in a cup which is huge for cereal. I tend not to go for the other varieties of go lean since they have chicory root in them which upsets my stomach.

I love the go lean as well and i'll put in half a scoop of peanut butter protein powder with 8oz of u/s almond milk... its sooo good
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Something with some protein, vector is my fav. But I also like granola based types like nature harvest.
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I like Kashi Go Lean, and Qia, added to Greek yogurt. Yum!

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    I like Whole Grain Total because it has a LOT of vitamins and minerals. I usually crumble it on top of my vanilla yogurt to make a more nutritionally dense topping than granola.
  • lexiealea
    lexiealea Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Natures path crunchy vanilla sunrise I like it with light vanilla soymilk, target has it and whole foods.
  • abb117
    abb117 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of Kix. Kid Tested Mother Approved! But it is actually really good, and it has a higher serving size than many other cereals
  • AxelM81
    AxelM81 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Weetabix I think is one of the healthiest ones out there
  • Sixtine79
    Sixtine79 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I recently tried Trader Joe's O's (the organic high fiber ones). Pretty good and you get a huge serving for few calories.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    What about cheerios? Do they have a decent nutritional profile. I've never tried them
  • kazaargrandcru
    kazaargrandcru Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Power O's from Love Grown Foods
  • pippin44
    pippin44 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I look for sugar of less than 6g per serving. My favorite is a bran flake cereal -- and I add a cut up banana. Kashi has a couple that fit the bill.
    Nutrition Action Newsletter has a listing and the ones I buy for my kids are Life and Honey Bunches of Os.
    My market is currently carrying Cheerios Ancient Grains -- and it is so, so, so good. I hope they keep it permanently in the line.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    My favorite right now is Shredded Wheat and Bran. Ingredients are wheat and bran.