Fighting the Mighty Fight

Options
Today I am struggling. My husband and I picked back up our lifestyle change after putting it on hiatus while I was pregnant with my daughter (bedrest for 7 months=no excersize for me!). We started eating better and exercising regularly (2-4x per week) about a month ago and even went as far as hiring a personal trainer. Much to our demise, BOTH of us have PUT ON weight instead of losing it. At first I thought, it's got to be because we are gaining muscle, right? WRONG! My bmi is higher than when I started. #feelingfrustrated #justwannarun #whathappenedtothepoundsmeltingoff?

Anyone out there have a high protein, low fat, generally healthy menu that they would like to share??

Replies

• KCEngr
    KCEngr Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Ouch. 7 months of bed rest. I can't even imagine that. My wife is due in 2 months but age is able to walk when she has the energy. Try a serving of brown rice and mix in vegetables and a meat (chicken, steak, shrimp). I recommend trying LOTS of different recipes. Try to find at least 2 weeks worth of healthy meals you like so they don't get boring. Regardless, it is all about PORTIONS. I like using allrecipes.com to find meals. They have a app too. Good luck to you and your family!
  • sillyme_03
    Options
    Thank you and good luck on the new little one! Brown rice is a regular in our home. Luckily Hubbs and I both love it. Honestly my biggest problem is that I don't drink enough. It's tough to choke something down when you aren't thirsty (which was NEVER a problem when I was pregnant!) but thanks for the encouragement nonetheless.