The new girl

Options
Hey everybody,

I'm back on the wagon...agian...and new to the community. I could really use some friends with great motivational support as my personal will power usually gives out rather quickly. This is only day 2 of getting back on my healthy track of eating right and hitting the gym and MY OH MY is it already DIFFICULT! I've got sore muscles that I didn't even know existed!

Any regulars who've succeeded with weight loss and have some easy and useful tips for a noob would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• VictorinoDennis
    Options
    I would take it easy for a couple weeks. Work yourself into it. Also maybe try getting more protein in to help your muscles recover.
  • congresta77
    congresta77 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi I just started here myself recently and so far so good. The site is a great help and the people here are super!! I will send you an add and we can motivate each other. I agree with "VictorinoDennis" starting out slowly is a good idea. If you do too much too fast you will burn out fast. Good luck!! Jami :smile:
  • C00ki3M0nst3r
    Options
    I was away from the gym for about 7 years and I recently started going to workout, the next day, actually that same day I started feeling sore. It took about 4-5 days of recovery before I could go back. Overtime your muscles will be accustomed to it. Now I usually do every other day, one day is cardio and the next is strengthening.
  • dennypup
    dennypup Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome!
  • RinaJ06
    RinaJ06 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am new too. After I had my second child I was doing good with the weight loss but had started school and in between that and the kids and work I didn't find any time to focus on my diet. I am too in need of some friendly support! This site seems like it would really help.
  • KaizokuNoMaiku
    Options
    Hello Jackie, welcome to the community.

At the start of your training dont overtrain yourself now ofc your muscle's will hurt at the start because a lot of them arent used in day to day life. If you are also doing a workout with weights dont worry about doing 2 lbs or 20 lbs on a exercise its all about good form ! A lot of people ( mostly guys ) tend to have a massive ego and because the dude next to them is doing 40 lbs bicep curls they wanna do at least 40 also when they should be doing 15 lbs orso and they start to swing arms or use there back or legs to get the dumbels up and end up getting a injury or not working the bicep at all. See this almost once a week @ my Gym.

So take it easy and dont worry to much about how much you are doing or how long you can run etc just keep good form else you will spend ages wasting effort and not training the muscle's or training correct. Dont be scared to ask a trainer at the Gym to show you someting even if he already showed you it 3 days ago or smth.

Best of luck on your weightloss journey, and feel free to add me.