starting from scratch, hope to receive support

Options
Hi MFP'ers
I had joined a while ago but don't think I was truly ready for this journey. I find myself severely unhappy with the way I'm leading my life health wise and I want a change. I have about 100lbs to lose, but I'm starting slow. I've decided my goal is 30lbs, I'll go from there. Hope to receive lots if support and make new friends.

Emi

Replies

• LoveTilWeOD
    Options
    Congrats on taking your first steps. I, as well, am just beginning again. 100 pounds is a milestone, but just take it one day at a time. Supporter if needed ☺
  • emilewlew
    emilewlew Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks hun! I'm excited, nervous and right about now dreaming of the foods I can't have :(
  • erinlatam
    erinlatam Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have about 60 to lose so I know how you feel.
  • huntersmommy332
    huntersmommy332 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have 78 pounds to lose so I know how you feel! Feel free to add me and support and motivate each other!
  • khaleesi815
    khaleesi815 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Same here. I'm looking to lose 90 pounds. Feel free to add me. We can support each other!
  • 1JoshG
    1JoshG Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose 50. Realized I didn't have a choice a week ago and am fully committing today to do whatever it takes. Feel free to add me
  • kiousd
    kiousd Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to loose about 50 as well. Started off about 2 month's ago and have managed to loose about 20 so far. I just joined mfp to help keep me motivated and on track. It has helped my wife so I figured I would give it a shot.
  • roycooper1966
    roycooper1966 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello

Well congratulations! the first step on your new road is recoginized that there is another road to travel and that you are the driver that can make that change.

I started a month ago with about 130 lbs to loose. I have lost 27 lbs in 30 days on a special extra low calorie diet. I am now on 6 weeks of maintenance to try and hold this weight.

I feel great. I am 48 and each day is a new day. with another 100 lbs to go although this is a very large number, however one (1) lbs per day or per week is not such a large number.

you can do it.

if you like you may add me to your friends list ....

• merryberry99
    merryberry99 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Love new friends!
  • PDR85
    PDR85 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Hi Emi. I wish you all the best on this decision you have made. Feel free to add me and I would be more than happy to be of motivation and support to you! (If anyone else wants to add me they are more than welcome as well) I try to post several times a day with motivational quotes and things to help inspire those around me, as well as help inspire myself. I have about 30-40 lbs to lose, so I'll be right there along side anyone else who wants to join me!
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    emilewlew wrote: »
    Thanks hun! I'm excited, nervous and right about now dreaming of the foods I can't have :(
    Instead of dreaming of foods you feel you can't have, dream of how HOT you're gonna look by making healthier food choices and fitting in daily exercise allowing you to then include some of those foods in smaller quantities or in moderation. It is a lifestyle change & you have to be willing to change it. As you go along & see results you may no longer even want the things you are currently so called dreaming of. Be strong~