Need to lost 43ls in 17 Weeks! Help!!!

Options
So I just found out that my husband's taking me to Jamaica in 17 weeks & I really want to be able to rock a bikini!

I'm 5'6" with DDD boobs, so I figure 180lbs is the most I can weigh and still pull off a bikini.

We leave for Jamaica in 118 days. That means I have to lose 43lbs, 2.53lbs a week. Yikes! I'm really going to need some big time motivation and support until then. Thank you to anyone who's willing to help, it's greatly appreciated! =)

Replies

• Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Im gonna wish you LUCK! I hope it happens for you! I could not achieve that in such a short time :( But ill keep my fingers crossed for you! Lots of cardio and strength training. If you lose enough inches you may look fine heavier than 160!
  • Determined24
    Determined24 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    You can do it with a strict diet and lots of cardio strength training will help burn to. Good luck Girlie!!!!
  • orange_avocado
    Options
    I wouldn't focus so much on a specific number. If you focus strength training between now and then to tone you will look like you weigh less even if you don't hit 180. Muscle helps you carry the weight better, seriously.

Other than that, watch your sodium intake and drink a lot of water so you don't see gain in the scale due to water weight and get discouraged. Follow the calories guidelines set by MFP and don't try to eat less than the recommended calories - that's setting yourself up for failure.

Bets of luck, and I know you're have an awesome time in Jamaica, no matter how you look!
  • KLo924
    KLo924 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    You're a bit lighter than me now (I was 235.8 this morning), and a little taller (I'm 5'4.5") - but I would also LOVE to be 180 by mid-Sept. (that's 17 weeks, right? My brain's frazzled. Anyway, my b'day is Sept. 24 - by then). Let's do this :) I'll send you a friend request.
  • beckym71
    beckym71 Posts: 3,511
    Options
    You can do it! My daughter & I are competing with eachother this summer for weight loss and fitness. We have 15 weeks to lose 37 pounds (me) 40 (for her). One of the things our trainer said is to take advantage of any down time and get up & move...take a walk, go for a hike, Zumba,etc.....just get more active (this is additional physical activity to our workout regimine). He also said that in most cases weight loss should be 90% diet and 10% exercise but to lose that amount of weight per week, we need to up the exercise portion to 20%.
    The other advice you've received is excellent as well! I've already noticed a huge difference on days I have too many carbs & sodium...big time bloat!

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • chetac
    chetac Posts: 1
    Options
    I lost 25 lbs in three months doing cross fit work outs and my diet was and still is a low carb diet. It really works and my energy level really improved. Try walking about 2 or 3 miles a day which is also a good way to lose weight.
  • harpcason
    harpcason Posts: 40
    Options
    I would say, if you haven't been working out or exercising, to start walking. Then I would sign up at a gym and start 10 minutes on a elliptical and work you way up. For me, 10 minutes the first week helped me move up to 20 min. the next week. Within 4 weeks I was doing an hour. I lost several pounds doing this. I also included strength trainins everyother day. Unfortunately I have stopped and picked my weight back up and about to start again. I understand that Couch 2 5K works great, also. :smile:
  • sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    go see a nutritionist. they will help you decide on a food, workout, and supplement routine that will help you with your goals. you can do it!!!! my husband and i went to negril on our honeymoon and loved it!!!