Need advice about lifting

Options
danigrl8
danigrl8 Posts: 22 Member
edited February 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm currently in recovery with a knee injury so cardio is not happening. I started lifting weights and I don't know know how many times a week is ideal. I've been doing it 2-3 times a week. Is this enough or should I do more? I only do upper body, is that going to himder any progress?

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    depends, depends, depends.

Will it hinder progress, as a generic term? Nope, not at all.

Will it hinder progress towards a specific goal? Depends on the goal.

You're rehabbing a knee, so you have a PT I'd assume, a discussion about frequency is a good one to have with them, so as not to impact recovery of the knee's tissues. 2-3 times a week shouldn't be too bad at all, unless you're doing some significantly heavy workloads.

I probably wouldn't do more, since based on the question stem and framing I assume you're an untrained individual and new to resistance training.
  • danigrl8
    danigrl8 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 15 lbs and tighten up at the same time. I'm not totally new to weight lifting, i have never been consistent with it. I'm consistent with cardio and the weight lifting was a supplement to it. Now i can only focus on lifting. I haven't started PT yet. I think what i'm asking is it a problem that i'm only focusing on upper body and not my entire body?
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Is it a problem?

If that was your only methodology and approach to training, sure. Is it a problem during your rehab period?

Planting your backside on the couch is a problem. Doing something, anything, while rehabbing is good.

You'll be fine, I wouldn't worry too much about it.