The Truth is The Truth, even when it's bad.

Options
I'm going to be honest here. In all reality, a month ago, I was just down right lazy! Believe me, I hated myself for being that way. Some I can blame on depression but really right now I am taking the blame all on my own. It's just common sense that if your body is going to move, you will have to make it move. Some people people probably wonder why it seems like most of my calories are burned doing cleaning, well here is the ugly truth....

My house is one of those that for the most part stays picked up all the time. It is my husband, 9 year old daughter and me here. We all pick up after ourselves all the time. That's just the way we have always been so to someone that isn't really paying attention the house pretty much looks clean all the time. So because of this, I could get away with laying on the couch all day sleeping or watching tv. I take my daughter to school and pick her up, and ofcourse when she is home I do everything I need to do for her. My husband works long hours and he calls when he leaves work so I can cook dinner. During his 30-45 minute drive home I would rush around the house like a crazy person, trying to make it look like I had been doing something besides laying on the couch all day. Pretty bad huh?

In the last 2 to 3 weeks I have really picked myself up and am now making myself stay off the couch. Since cleaning house isn't something my body has been used to...that is how I am burning calories right now. Let's face it, housework is never all done so I figure between that and all the dust and stuff I let build up:huh: ...I'm really working out right now. I figure when I get to the point where I have all the housework under control and feel more energetic then I can do more regular exercise. Right now I am just proud of myself for getting off the couch and I just really wanted to get this off my chest. This website and the people here have been sooooo much help to me. :drinker:

Replies

• aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    well done you!!!! keep going!!!
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've got a plan there...Keep up the good work!
  • Jojo42
    Jojo42 Posts: 223
    Options
    good on you! You can do it x
  • HOPEful27
    HOPEful27 Posts: 56
    Options
    You have taken the first step, and that one is truly the hardest. Stay strong, and know that you are worth this! Best of luck in your journey, I am sure you will do great!
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    The truth??? Any movement is better than none; it doesn't have to be turbo fire, or 30 day shred, or px90 to be beneficial.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Way to go, staying off the couch. Keep moving, the weight will come off, and the house will be sparkly. :smile:
  • sbpeters93
    sbpeters93 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Well at least I feel better now ...... I was starting to think I must live like a pig since I don't clean anywhere near as much as you do! LOL! The way I see it, moving is moving, no matter what you're doing. If it works for you, go for it!
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Good for you every bit of movement helps xx
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    And so you should be proud of yourself. You're facing the truth and have got off the couch and that first battle is the most difficult of all. Hang on to that positive attitude and you will hopefully feel able to do a little more each day. Don't rush at this because you know that you have to pace yourself. If it helps, I spent our last freezing UK winter sat on the sofa in front of the fire with a plate of food, a book and tv making all sorts of excuses not to move. I began to feel really old and tired until luckily a friend pointed me in the direction of this site and 3 months in I feel 100% better and a lot younger too!!

You are going to win this fight and come out on top so continue to believe in yourself and take any movement as a great achievement.
  • berriman
    berriman Posts: 15
    Options
    House work is a great work out! Keep up the good work
  • JunkFoodJane
    JunkFoodJane Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Last summer my weight kept dropping simply because I vacuumed 5x a day, cleaned after everyone and took all the kids our for hours to play in the yard. I kept stepping on the scale and wondering what I was doing to keep losing!!

It's gotten harder with a toddler. If I grab a broom he thinks I should be holding him (he likes to do things "with" me). Cleaning can definitely burn fat. I also find myself more motivated to hit my treadmill when my house is clean. Plus a clean house is so much healthier!

Good for you :)