Changing Me!

Options
I am 34 years old and a mother of an 11 yr old girl and 12 yr old boy. I have always been an "Inside Mom" Watching movies, cooking baking, EATING, all things I love to do. But what I didn't realize, is that I was eating my way to my death. I loved to bake so I was always making cakes, cookies, desserts and everything else. I was eating tons of fast food and drinking a 2 liter of coca cola everyday. I was lazy and stayed in my room all the time.... hiding with my goodies. I didn't spend the time with my children that they needed because I was lazy and didn't want to get out of the bed. Then a point came to where I felt like I had ZERO energy for about 3-4 days and i was having bad stomach pain but didnt wanna move. Finally I called my mom and she took me to the Emergency room. I KNEW something wasn't right. Shortly after I got there they weighed me. 285 POUNDS!!! I couldnt believe it. I had never been so big in my life. Not even when I was 9 months pregnant. Then the doctor shocked me! He told me I have TYPE 2 DIABETES my glucose level was almost 600. Plus SEVERE PANCREATITIS. Not to mention a fatty liver. WOW! my heart dropped. I knew at that moment I had to change my life. I got admitted to the hospital for 3 days and that gave me plenty of time to sit and really take a look at my life and how I was living. I thought I was living good, but I wasn't living good for myself, my body, or my kids. I was 34 yrs old and 285 pounds. I want to stay alive for my children. I want to see them grow and I want to be there for them. They cant do that with me dead or laying around in my bed. This all happened NOVEMBER 21, 2014. I started a 1200 calorie low carb diet immediately. I work out on the Nintendo Wii fit and I do Yoga and I try to walk 1-2 miles everyday now. I have pushed myself and I have not given up one moment. I have been on this journey 3 months now. I HAVE LOST 59 POUNDS. Its crazy I cannot believe that my hard work has paid off like this. I have yoyo dieted and it work for about a month but i have never really lost more than 20 pounds. But the difference here is that I am not on a diet. I have changed my whole lifestyle. Living, eating healthier and being more active. I am happier now then I have been in a long time. But I still have a very long road ahead of me. I am 226 pounds still. So I am working hard and staying determined. This site has helped me achieve and track my goals. It has saved my life.

Replies

• sheena8709
    sheena8709 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 27 and this is my second time around I started with a group of friends from work and it worked great for me. I started at 230lbs and stopped at 185lbs. I gave up when my motivation moved out of town and I didn't have anyone else. Then the other day I took a look in the mirror and told myself to check my weight it said 202.4 slowly I am killing all the hard work I had done. So now I need to get a new support group and we can do this together...
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    great job. You will not regret being active with your kids!
  • mckenzienatosha
    mckenzienatosha Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I know we can all do this. Persistence pays off. And support is so helpful. I wish all of you the best of luck on this journey.
  • cwnman
    cwnman Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Great job! I have re committed and feel great! We can do this.
  • ksellers500
    ksellers500 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing I became unwell and gained 70 pounds been doing this two weeks now and have lost 4 pounds would like more friends for support .