30 Day Shred For Lent

Options
Hiya!

I know there are probably a million 30 day shred threads but is anyone planning on doing it for lent? I'm saying 'I'm giving up failing' at it because i've tried many times before but haven't got past a couple of days of level 2.

My plan is to do 5 shreds a week, giving myself 2 days off.
I am in my healthy weight range but I still have quite a high fat percentage and I am still very jiggly!

I do 6 - 8 dance classes a week and am taking part in the Comic Relief Danceathon so it's going to be tough going. Hopefully that means good results :)

Enjoy your pancakes!

Replies

• Kellymacfarlane
    Kellymacfarlane Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I will do it with you! I was just thinking what can I give up for Lent and giving up "giving up" is perfect! I will start Friday night after work, (have to find my dvd)
  • beckifitzg
    beckifitzg Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Awesome :) Ive got my future sister in law and best friend doing it to.
    I hate failing others more than I hate failing myself so hopefully this should work!

I did day 1 today. It was harder and more boring than I remember :p
    I took a 'before' photo this morning so fingers crossed I'll see a difference in 40 odd days.
    My dance class was cancelled this evening so I may have had a lazy evening....with nandos...
  • BugABoo66
    Options
    I'm in also I have already given up my biggest down fall "Coke-Cola" the first of the year and I'm down 8lbs . And wasn't sure what I was going to give up for Lent. So this is a great ideal I'm tired of giving up I want to do it. I want to loose another 32 lbs . Good Luck to us all !!!
  • beckifitzg
    Options
    Yay! Good luck.
    Giving up fizzy is really hard. We drink a lot of Pepsi Max and the other thing I am doing for lent is limiting myself to one glass a day. I work from home and it's so easy to just go and get some from the fridge.

I did a zumba class today and then came straight home and did the shred. I just wanted to get it out the way.

My first week plan is:
    Wednesday (done)
    Thursday (done with zumba)
    Friday (done with zumba)
    Saturday : rest
    Sunday: Shred
    Monday: rest (adult tap and fitstep classes)
    Tuesday: Shred

I am a little miss planner :p
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    So you guys are on the Lent diet, huh?
  • hdrenollet
    hdrenollet Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Gave up most of my bad habits and started good ones at the first of the year... It was very hard to come up with something to give up for Lent.
  • beckifitzg
    Options
    So you guys are on the Lent diet, huh?

Nope, no lent diet - lent exercise push!
    Using the time frame to help with motivation to complete something I usually fail at :)
  • deviantcupcake
    deviantcupcake Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    That's a good idea! I actually started 30DS on Tuesday, so I'm jumping on board with this. I've never completed the whole thing (for various reasons) but I'm really into it this time around.
  • FiweeMiller
    Options
    Me and a few friends are doing this for lent - a bit late though as only started yesterday! I've never got past a couple of days on level 2 - be really good to do it for the whole time for once in my life!!
  • beckifitzg
    Options
    I'm glad more people are joining in :)

It's Sunday morning and I'm currently in bed trying to convince myself to get up and shred rather than put it off for later.
  • beckifitzg
    Options
    Today was a shred rest day. I did a fitstep and adult tap class though and my toes joints on my right foot are not my friends right now. I'm not sure what's wrong with them.
  • beckifitzg
    Options
    We should be roughly half way through level 1 by now!
    I just did my fifth shred :)

I feel like I have a lack of energy lately so I'm going to start tracking my food again for a bit to make sure Im not going completely off track.

Get shredding everyone!!
  • stephness23
    stephness23 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Are most people having two days rest?
  • ruththawes
    Options
    First week of 5 sessions done.

Back on it in the morning but I find exercising first thing so tough! I'm much better when I've woken up a bit but by then I'm sat at my desk in the office!

Hopefully I'll more used to it this week. :)
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    arent you supposed to give things up for lent?
    i dont understand this. you guys are adding things.
    god's gon' be pissed.
  • beckifitzg
    Options
    skullshank wrote: »
    arent you supposed to give things up for lent?
    i dont understand this. you guys are adding things.
    god's gon' be pissed.

Hahaha, We are giving up giving up!

Stephness23 Ive tried it without any days off and failed many times so I thought days off may help. I know a lot of people just power through the 30 days though.

• beckifitzg
    Options
    I did day 6 morning and that thing she says about it being easier at this point is a lie. If anything, I can't put in as much effort because i'm worn out.

I really want Pepsi right now.
  • NekoneMeowMixx
    NekoneMeowMixx Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I decided to give up fast food and soda (the latter of which I've only broke on once or twice) upon the 1st of the year. I think giving up "giving up" is an awesome idea, personally. I know it's certainly the biggest habit I wish to break! Case in point, I'm getting back to it for the ??? time after falling off the wagon. I've watched my weight go up and down, inches come and go, all that jazz. I'm ready to devote myself to the healthy lifestyle I need to get that body I want! :)
  • beckifitzg
    Options
    Day 7 done and despite my negativity yesterday todays wasn't actually that bad.
    A very optimistic ice cream man drove past as I finished and now I really fancy ice cream!

My plan is to shred tomorrow, Monday & Tuesday and then it's time for dreaded level 2 on Thursday :worried:

Good luck Nekonemeowmixx. Giving up fizzy is so hard!
  • beckifitzg
    Options
    Day 9 done! 1 more day of level 1 to go. I'm both EXTREMELY happy about seeing the back of level 1 and yet very nervous about level 2. I think maybe I've got about 2 days in to level 2 before failing in the past...

Also - I've done ALL the exercises in level 1 for the last two days. I normally struggle with the side lunge arm raise things and the final crunches. My form may not be 100% on them but I did them!!
    I'm even considering getting 2kg weights for the moves that I find a little easier.

Is anyone else still shredding?