Starchy foods

Options
Hi,

I am a long time veggie and i suffer ibs so i try to eat clean, even then i have noticed i have problems with starchy foods like risotto rice, potato, pasta so i mostly eat gluten free and stay clear of starchy stuff. i also have a problem if i have too much dairy so been thinking of trying to effectively be gluten free vegan possibly with or without eggs not sure if i can cut em out without missing the protein they provide. id like to do this without eating too many gluten free processed products so i am trying to find the best natural alternatives for things like cheese, milk, wraps, pizza, sauces etc.

If anyone can offer advice, much appreciated, i am UK based so products from USA probably are not available. thanks in advance :)

Replies

• HeidiHirtle
    HeidiHirtle Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    This doesn't address your question, but I've been reading up about having a certain "eating window" (an 8 hour window is common), and how many people with digestive issues etc. found that incorporating some form of intermittant fasting vastly reduced their IBS symptoms.

You might find this thread interesting:

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/ibs-cured/

Anyway, might be something you want to investigate further. :)
  • allybeee
    allybeee Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    hi, well i have done IF in the past i cant really remember whether it changed the IBS situation or not, i think due to having no starch on those days i was probably fine but thanks i will look into that. i am noticing even lentils beans chickpeas i get really bloated after, they are tinned so im going to try soaking the dry ones see if it makes a difference :)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Keep the eggs if your body can digest them.
    I am confused. Pizza has starch and dairy. Are you going to make an alternative crust? There are recipes on the web for various crusts: cauliflower, zucchini, . . They usually use eggs or cheese to make the crust work.
  • franola12
    franola12 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I soaked dried lima beans for the first time before cooking and it made a difference.