microwave meals

Options
Are microwave Meals okay? Not everyday but maybe 3 days a week? What brands would ye sujest? :)

Replies

• adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I really really like the Amy's line of Microwave meals. They taste good and are not so high in the sodium department that usually comes along with microwave dishes.
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    They are ok as long as they aren't loaded with sodium. Check the label and contents. Some can be quite healthy, but I've never found low sodium ones. As long as you know that your sodium levels are higher for those days (and water retention), you should be ok with it. However, this will really do a number on the scale and make it difficult to see any weight loss results.

My suggestion is to prepare your own food in bulk in beginning of week or on the weekend and freeze it yourself. This way, you know what goes into it and there isn't going to be as much sodium.
  • Smoofalz
    Smoofalz Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've relied on microwave dinners for when I'm at work for anywhere from 2-5 days of the week. You still have to keep an eye on whats in them.. I usually stick to Healthy choice & Lean Cuisine. Yes they are usually high in sodium, but since I don't have problems with sodium I don't really worry about it, and I drink more water than I used to. My favorites are the healthy choice cafe steamers (the sauce cooks in the bottom of the container and steams the meat/veggies and stuff separated on top)
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Check out the ingredient list....if you like eating things you can't pronounce then sure they are okay ;)

You can lose weight eating anything as long as you have a calorie deficit. It is your choice what chemicals, GMOs, etc that you choose to consume with those calories.

Personally I try to keep processed foods low in my diet. However convenience does win here and there. A better alternative to microwaved meals is to make extra of dinner the night before and pack that for lunch. Grilled salmon, whole grain rice and some green beans....easy to make extra for the next day and way more filling than a freezer meal!
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Are microwave Meals okay? Not everyday but maybe 3 days a week? What brands would ye sujest? :)

Define "okay".

I eat a Banquet frozen dinner five times a week for lunch at work.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Microwave meals are well bad....