Suggestions for snacks for work

Options
What are your favorite snacks to take to work? I am looking for options that I can bring to work and leave here for those days when the hanger gets me. I have cuties, beef jerky, dark chocolate, and popcorn with me today. I do have access to a fridge, but I'm a little afraid that anything too good (like babybels) might walk off into other peoples' bellies.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    almonds, apples, greek yogurt, pretzels, trail mix
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Here's my list:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/jgnatca/view/mid-day-snacks-722504

My hummus is left alone in the communal fridge, LOL.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Today I have a banana and teddy Graham's
  • grainned1983
    grainned1983 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Apples, popcorn, low calorie cereal bars, pepper hummus and carrot sticks or cucumber slices. Also some form of yoghurt, they go well with the cereal bar or fruit.
  • likehlikeo
    likehlikeo Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Mandarin Oranges, Bananas, Apples (good to store in desk drawers for 2 or 3 days). I'm also a huge fan of brazil nuts (3 pieces have 100 cal, so good for a quick snack), also veggie sticks (my colleagues hate me for crunching away on carrot sticks...) Also nice: roasted soy beans! I even have a small pack of Skittles sometimes, if I can fit it in my sugar goal :)
  • magnum26
    magnum26 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Fruit, Veg, Nuts (small amounts). Avoid anything with lots of sugar i.e some of the suggestions above (like Trial mix)
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    magnum26 wrote: »
    Fruit, Veg, Nuts (small amounts). Avoid anything with lots of sugar i.e some of the suggestions above (like Trial mix)

Theres nothing wrong with sugar unless you have a medical condition
  • PrzemekR
    PrzemekR Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin seeds - quite tasty and not that much carbohydrates
  • peter56765
    peter56765 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I just quit the whole snacking at work thing cold turkey. May not work for everybody but it worked for me. I save my snacking for the evening when I can relax and enjoy them. My snacking at work was more stress related and really had nothing to do with hunger.
  • mynubod
    Options
    I can a container of nuts (Plain almonds) that I keep in my office. For me a serving size is a handful which is perfect.
  • dcc56
    dcc56 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Wheat Thins Fiber Selects. A small snack size bag with 8-15 crackers which I consume one at a time. They taste good, have a nice crunch and I get the fiber benefit as well. Otherwise its the 80 calorie greek yogurt container Dannon Light and Fit, or 1/2 of a Premier Protein vanilla shake.
  • mzjenn2u
    mzjenn2u Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    fruits, veggies, string cheese, almonds, quest bars, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, p3 packs, nutrigrain bars, sliced sandwich meat, popcorn, pretzels.....
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    pretzels and hummus numm..numm
  • Tikibar72
    Tikibar72 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Quest bars, bananas, oatmeal, baked sweet potato, & lara bars are my go-to snacks during the day.
  • MFAB8258
    MFAB8258 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    An apple and cheese or Triscut thin crisps and cheese (also delicious are the Milton's Gluten Free Everything Crackers), Cucumbers with spicy salsa, Skinny Girl Instant Popcorn with Sea Salt and Butter (You get 6 cups from each individual pack, plus you usually end up sharing), 1/2cup Plain Nonfat Yogurt with a cup of frozen fruit (If you add it frozen to the yogurt and let it thaw in the yogurt, it creates a juice that helps flavor the yogurt), a grapefruit (although it's high in sugar/carbs), if you can manage only eating like 1/4 - 1/3Cup then Snyder's Pretzel Pieces are good but they're hard to stop eating.
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Some emergency snack items in my desk:
    Fruit cups
    Peanut butter
    Granola bars
    Popcorn
    Raisins
    Pretzels
    Fiber One brownies - for when the sweet tooth rages.
    Can of soup

I keep almonds with me at all times and pack fruit and greek yogurt in my lunch bag each day.
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I keep a large jar of unsalted mixed nuts, freeze dried berries and fruit, pork rinds, and beet chips on my desk and in my desk I have Ostrim jerky (I have to do low carb) so these are all good ones that don't require a fridge.
  • ncbeachybum
    ncbeachybum Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I stopped snacking at work also. I found that I only do it when I'm bored or stressed. I'll eat it just because it's there...not because I'm hungry. When I did have snacks, I usually had small baggies of nuts, oatmeal, granola, or some other 100 calorie pack of crackers or chips.
  • Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Cashews and/or pistachios, weight watchers dark chocolates, protein bars
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I make my own "trail mix" of sorts. I use my food scale and measure out portions of plain almonds, dried tart cherries (YUM!!!), and exactly 9 Nestle dark chocolate chips. It's a nice little sweet treat for the afternoon munchies. :-) The amounts I use totals about 150-160 calories.